Question about auto-tracking camera

Question about auto-tracking camera

Postby tigernbr » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:28 am

I noticed a few older threads where people were talking about auto-tracking cameras such as the Soloshot 3. Has anyone tried this one or some other? Any recommendations for one to purchase? My Harb Carvers are almost done and I'd like to post video of my progression for analysis. I'll be using the carvers alone the vast majority of the time hence the need for an auto-tracking camera.
tigernbr

Re: Question about auto-tracking camera

Postby RyanAllen » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:46 am

Not aware of anyone pulling the trigger on a Soloshot camera. For the cost you may be better off getting a nice Sony or Panasonic video camera. Mount in on a tripod, aim it uphill and you're good to go. It would be encouraging to see more folks on the carvers. Just be super careful that the hose clamp band over your ski boot toe lug is VERY secure - if that's the design you're using.
RyanAllen

Re: Question about auto-tracking camera

Postby tigernbr » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:04 am

Thanks Ryan. I'm going to take it slow and begin my work on the carvers on flat terrain (of which there is plenty in Louisiana). Once I get the movements down in Diana's videos, I'll progress to a small hill. I read jbotti's post about the hose clamp. I'll tighten it with a socket wrench and put loctite on it for good measure. If I can't make that work, I'll try to duplicate the original carvers like the one Diana uses in her videos.
tigernbr

Return to Movement Analysis and Video