Movement analysis for short turn

Movement analysis for short turn

Postby skijim13 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:42 am

I am working on improving my short turns and would like input, one issue at my mountain is the icy hard packed snow
skijim13

Re: Movement analysis for short turn

Postby willwingpang » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:00 am

Hi Jim

Icy hard packed snow can be tricky, I struggle on it from time to time but your skiing is looking good

From what I see, the new stance ski BTE is biting too early in the high C and it's throwing you balance off.

I would advise practising TFR's, to try be more aware and sensitive to how you are tipping and balancing with the snow conditions, as well as having video as an external cue, check your ski tracks that were made by the turns (hope this makes sense).

Happy skiing, Will
willwingpang

Postby HeluvaSkier » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:41 am

Jim, I fixed the link on your post for you and embedded the video here.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby Max_501 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:37 am

Take a look at your older MA thread. Are any of the MA comments still relevant?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4915

Do you see the difference with inside foot management when compared to your recent video?

Do you have any video performing the touch/tilt SP drill?

As in a regular super phantom, transfer balance to LTE of the uphill ski. Then, touch the inside edge of the lifted, dowhnill ski to the inside ankle rivet of the stance boot ("inside foot arch touches outside foot ankle"). Keep it touching while tipping the free foot further toward its LTE. Don't let that free foot touch the snow until the very end of the turn. VERY IMPORTANT STEP! At the end of the turn, when the free foot touches the snow on its LTE, immediately pick up the new free foot, and touch-tilt the new stance boot.
Max_501

Postby skijim13 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Thanks everyone for the feedback, something to work on at my mountain until the camp in January.
skijim13

Postby skijim13 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:59 am

Thanks for this movement advise, have been working on it for four straight days. This advice has improved my short turns. Lorie is also working on this and she has the same results. I have reviewed Dianna's short turn video, I can't get the same LTE edge angle she gets even with concentrating on CB and lifting the arch of the inside foot to the boot. Any advice how to increase this movement. Lorie had been working so hard on the movement that her left knee is sore.
skijim13

Return to Movement Analysis and Video