Please Read: MA Forum Rules

Please Read: MA Forum Rules

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:51 pm

A very important tenet of PMTS lies in a skier's or coach's ability to actually ski with PMTS movements. The expertise at which a skier demonstrates proper PMTS movements is a strong indication of their understanding of the material, and thus a strong indication of that skier's ability to evaluate and coach PMTS movements.

Therefore, in order to ensure high quality MA Forum responses to requests for movement analysis, the moderation team has instituted a policy requesting that anyone who responds to an MA thread must have, at some point, posted video of their own skiing on the forum (or have attained the blue Level PMTS coaches accreditation... we know who you are :P). This is meant to provide those receiving feedback with a reference point for how those giving MA advice actually ski, and ultimately provide a unique PMTS movement analysis experience for skiers.

This quality of analysis, and transparency into who is offering the feedback, is not replicated on any other forum.

If you intend to respond to requests for MA, please use this thread to post a video example of your skiing. All are encouraged to post their skiing, and no unwanted analysis of the skiing posted will be done. Posts responding to MA requests, by members who have not posted video of their skiing, will be removed at the discretion of the moderation team.

Those who are requesting MA, may continue to start threads of their own as per current practice.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Re: Please Read: MA Forum Rules

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:56 pm

I will lead by example and start us off... below is a bunch of clips from December 2018 across several different terrain types. Additional video can, of course, be found on my HeluvaSkier YouTube Channel.

Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby h.harb » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:08 pm

I would add to Helluva's post, PMTS movements are learned. If you have not learned and used them how can you tell others how they work, feel or are reproduced? Sure you can read my books, you can watch my dozens of videos, but this is regurgitating, not knowledge. MA is much more accurate and relevant from someone who has done it, can see it and knows how to create it in their own skiing. We are cleaning up the house and giving you feedback by experienced skiers. This will reduce confusion and save time.
h.harb

Postby jbotti » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:17 pm

We are trying to improve the MA forum and the quality of the MA given on the forum and these changes will help a lot. That said we went through a stretch several months ago where a good number of posters that posted video for MA were disagreeing with the MA they were getting from certified Blue level coaches. Many of these posters had never even been to camp. Let me just say bluntly, PLEASE DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME with requests for MA if you are going to argue or disagree with the feedback you get from high level PMTS skiers and coaches.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby dewdman42 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:30 pm

I guess that's directed at me. Sorry if I said something wrong, it was not intended. I have no video so I will try to keep my mouth shut. :?
dewdman42

Postby h.harb » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Or post some video, your choice.
h.harb

Postby dewdman42 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:09 pm

no tengo amigo. so no my choice is only to avoid posting MA comments at this time.
dewdman42

Postby h.harb » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:18 pm

I tried to PM you, I'll try again. I thought your last MA was good. It's not about restricting anyone, it's about raising the standards.
h.harb

Postby Max_501 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:20 pm

If the person posting video for MA has the courage to put it out there and take the incoming critique shouldn't those giving the MA be willing to demonstrate their level of skiing? How else does the subject know if someone giving an MA knows what they are talking about, especially when it is trivial to give a generic MA because almost everyone that is a self taught PMTS student has some rotary evident and needs more tipping, pullback, CA, CB, etc. Giving a personalized MA that identifies the SMIM to help the student progress at the fastest rate is another story.
Last edited by Max_501 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Max_501

Postby HighAngles » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:47 pm

"It's about time" ;)

But seriously, it can't be understated how much this will improve the communication and instruction. This truly is a unique (and free) service available on the Internet. I applaud the effort.
HighAngles

Postby HighAngles » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:56 pm

And here's my "evidence". I rarely provide much MA advice (being more of a student myself and spending most of my time listening to and assimilating the coaching), but just in case I open my mouth...

HighAngles

Postby noobSkier » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Great idea. I think the new rules will encourage more MA requests. Recent clip of mine:

I keep a youtube channel solely for MA purposes. I have every clip on there since starting my PMTS journey two years ago. If anyone is lacking proof that PMTS works, just check out my early clips.
noobSkier

Postby razie » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:09 am

I just have some training runs from this season...

...at the beginning of the season:

...and the end of the season:

cheers
razie

Return to Movement Analysis and Video