Movement analysis beginning at the beginning

Movement analysis beginning at the beginning

Postby tigernbr » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:40 am

If it is ok with the PMTS experts here, I'd like to start from ACBES 1 from the first lesson onward and get feedback. When it comes time to be on snow, I'll have to use Harb Carvers if that is ok. When that happens, I'll follow the instructions in Diana's videos and then move gradually to a gentle hill while working on the lessons in order from the books. I am bound and determined to make serious progress next camp!
tigernbr

Re: Movement analysis beginning at the beginning

Postby tigernbr » Sat May 01, 2021 5:59 am

As promised, exercise 2-1 in ACBAES 1. This exercise is tipping back and forth on a flat surface. There is no sound to the clip. I removed it and didn't add any music. I thought one minute of looking at my legs would be punishment enough and not to pile on by adding crappy free music. Please let me know if the video quality is good enough or if I need to change anything. As always, any feedback on technique is appreciated. I have video of exercises 2-2 and 2-3 but will wait for feedback on this one before posting.

]
tigernbr

Postby tigernbr » Sat May 01, 2021 2:46 pm

This may be a little dark. I can reshoot it if needed.

tigernbr

Postby tigernbr » Sat May 01, 2021 2:47 pm

More tipping.

tigernbr

Postby tigernbr » Sat May 01, 2021 2:48 pm

Exercise 2_3

tigernbr

Postby Marc » Sun May 02, 2021 12:32 pm

Wow, impressing, I wish I had done that: started with book 1 page 1! And not just reading but actually doing.

Exercise 2-1 and 2-2 looks good. 2-2 and 2-3 are a little dark with black boots on dark karpet and you only show your feet.

Ragarding exercise 2-3 it "practices the movements of releasing the old turn and engaging a new turn". This is the OFR. I.e follow the steps in the description. And keep the lifted free foot parallel to the stance foot. It looks like you are pointing your toes a little when the downhill foot is the new free foot. Hard to see as it is a little dark. Also keep the same tipping angle throughout the transition by "some tension between the legs by pressing them together"
Last edited by Marc on Sun May 02, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc

Postby tigernbr » Sun May 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Thank you for the feedback Marc. I realized after I uploaded the other videos that they were much too dark. Hopefully, this one is better. I went back and re-read the instructions for Exercise 2-3. Hopefully, this one is better. This exercise will take some practice to get right. We are at the beginning of a long, hot summer in the south so I figured it would be a great time to get some dryland drills done.

tigernbr

Postby skijim13 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:41 am

My suggestion for the movements is flex more by having the knees bent more, when tipping to the LTE tip this leg first and then allow the other leg to follow, don't allow knees to touch. During the release stay flexed and do not stand up, additionally when tipping raise the inside hip higher then the outside hip to CB more.
skijim13

Postby tigernbr » Mon May 03, 2021 9:21 am

Thanks Jim. I'll try to find a better place for the camera too. I'll reshoot sometime this week and post again.
tigernbr

Postby Marc » Mon May 03, 2021 9:57 am

Ex 2-3 take 2. Good, I think you eliminated the pointing. When you reshoot take a look at the steps again in the execise. Your first step should be to balance on the downhill foot, as in a turn to the hill. Then tip the free foot more uphill. You are tightening the turn. When you reached your max tipping its time for release to start a new turn: transfer balance to your uphill foot, etc...
Marc

Postby tigernbr » Mon May 03, 2021 12:41 pm

I had some time today to try again.

tigernbr

Postby Marc » Tue May 04, 2021 10:31 am

HSS put up some training videos for the slantboard that I suggest you do as the next step. Best is if you can watch a full-size mirror while you practice for instant feedback/correction otherwise you can compare your videos with those. See https://harbskisystems.com/pages/slantboard-training. When you feel you have learnt a segment you can post a video for review before moving to next segment if you want.

Per the MA forum rules I should put up a video of me skiing to show my movement understanding before giving MA...
Marc

Postby noobSkier » Tue May 04, 2021 1:29 pm

tigernbr, it looks like your feet are too close together to the point of interference. You want to end with the same tipping angle on both feet, thats not possible if your boots are interfering. Leave more space and see how that goes.
noobSkier

Postby tigernbr » Tue May 04, 2021 2:27 pm

noobSkier wrote:tigernbr, it looks like your feet are too close together to the point of interference. You want to end with the same tipping angle on both feet, thats not possible if your boots are interfering. Leave more space and see how that goes.

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for confirming. I'll try it again.
tigernbr

Postby tigernbr » Fri May 07, 2021 2:09 pm

Exercise 2-3 take 4

tigernbr

Next

Return to Movement Analysis and Video