MA for Kosta

Re: MA for Kosta

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 am

Kosta, what is your PMTS history? Your skiing is not too bad, but it does not show any strong PMTS movements.
Matt

Postby acali » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Do you have any of the books?
acali

Postby JerryS » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Kosta, if I may . . . . I think that the idea of the forum and the MA is for those that are working on PMTS to get some feedback and the benefit of some extra eyes on how well the skier is doing at implementing the PMTS movements. If someone has worked on their skiing from a PMTS standpoint, and read the books, then there are common movements, concepts and language to work from. When someone has not worked on the drills and worked through the books there are not the common reference points. I think what the non-response is suggesting that if you are interested in PMTS then work on some of the drills, work at incorporating some of the movements into your skiing, and then you will get all kinds of support and feedback on your skiing.

You might want to just start on one thing, such as "lifting and tipping" and try incorporating that into your skiing. See how you like it and how it affects your skiing, and if you like the outcome then start working on some of the other principles. I know it can be difficult to know where to start with using PMTS. Some would suggest that even for capable skiers you go to Book 1 and do the drills, then Book 2, then Essentials. If you haven't already, maybe some of the YouTube video of Harald would be a good place to start.

Put another way, I think you have to drink the Kool-Aid a little more to be able to take advantage of the forum :wink:
JerryS

Postby acali » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 pm

This isn't a general skiing advice forum.
Its a forum for people who are trying to work through the PMTS material.
It would be difficult to give you advice until you've either started working through the books and encountered a problem.
The best advice you can get is to get book 1 and really go through each exercise.
Its hard work though.
acali

Return to Movement Analysis and Video