MA for young Tommi

Re: MA for young Tommi

Postby Max_501 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:57 am

Ancient wrote:Hope that some advise could anyway arrive from the PMTS experts of this forum...

You have received a large amount of PMTS MA feedback over the years but that feedback only works if you are following the PMTS progression from the books and videos. There isn't anything we can say that will help students that aren't being taught PMTS. As a parent of racers I've seen kids that started racing at ages 6-8 do well in races until they were 10-12 when they become run of the mill average racers. That's about when the kids that have been taught to ski using the same movements we teach in PMTS (or have discovered those movements on their own) begin to truly dominate by finishing more races and winning frequently. I'd say by age 16 the athletes with the stronger fundamentals are often winning by very large margins that convinces everyone they are the next Hirscher because they are crushing the local talent. The average racers have little hope of catching up unless a coach/parent decides to rebuild the racer's skiing from the feet up. It can be done, but not in the race course.
Max_501

Postby Ancient » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:54 am

Max_501 wrote:
Ancient wrote:Hope that some advise could anyway arrive from the PMTS experts of this forum...

You have received a large amount of PMTS MA feedback over the years but that feedback only works if you are following the PMTS progression from the books and videos. There isn't anything we can say that will help students that aren't being taught PMTS. As a parent of racers I've seen kids that started racing at ages 6-8 do well in races until they were 10-12 when they become run of the mill average racers. That's about when the kids that have been taught to ski using the same movements we teach in PMTS (or have discovered those movements on their own) begin to truly dominate by finishing more races and winning frequently. I'd say by age 16 the athletes with the stronger fundamentals are often winning by very large margins that convinces everyone they are the next Hirscher because they are crushing the local talent. The average racers have little hope of catching up unless a coach/parent decides to rebuild the racer's skiing from the feet up. It can be done, but not in the race course.

Got it, thanks!

Ancient
Ancient

Postby Ancient » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:28 am

Ancient

Postby Ancient » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:06 am

Ancient

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video