PMTS Forum

Re: Intelligent Image Analysis, or IIA Check Point 3

Postby BigE » Thu May 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Will there be stretch pants involved? :lol:
BigE

Postby Icanski » Thu May 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi Harald,
This is very interesting and intriguing. good excuse for me to come down there for a refresher and bring that back up here.
I carry a picture of the "sample turn" with me in my pocket which I often refer to, or use to show students on the chair and look at different parts of it. This will go high-tech and make it movable.
I imagine it won't be long that the goggles with the small HUD in them will soon have images we can play. From a GoPro cam to your goggles for self analysis. Won't be long til we can say for PMTS, "Hey, there's an app for that!"
Looking forward to more on this. And I hope the knee is coming along well.
We are out of snow here, and skipped Spring, leaping right into very warm temps. Dry land training has begun!
J
Icanski

Postby h.harb » Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 am

The biggest issue in most teaching and coaching systems is they can't define what a good ski turn or what good skiing looks like. They just use stupid platitudes like "good skiing is good skiing". Well, that's a weak excuse for not knowing what you are really about. The success of PMTS can be traced to the defining of good skiing and good technique; therefore we can use proper definitions to teach accurately and use reference points that visually example and demonstrate good movements.
In many other systems they can't do this, because their end results are all over the map. Example, which clip in the Rogan Essentials video would you use as a standard for good skiing. I could not pick one frame.
h.harb

Postby arothafel » Fri May 03, 2013 11:33 am

Interesting.... and fantastic idea/concept.

Will you be starting out with a checkpoint for proper "alignment?"

May seem funny... but after looking at skiers like Vonn, etc... even the top racers get it wrong.
arothafel

Postby h.harb » Fri May 03, 2013 8:30 pm

We keep pushing PMTS, to not only be the leader in ski technique but to improve access to great skiing information. Never stand still, or you will end up looking satisfied.
h.harb

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System