Nordica Speedmachine

PMTS Forum

Nordica Speedmachine

Postby socaltoco » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:28 pm

A good choice for PMTS or not?
socaltoco

Postby Max_501 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:14 pm

PMTS will work with any shaped ski. The best bet is to demo a few different skis and see if you like the feel of the ski.
Max_501

Postby socaltoco » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:36 pm

Thanks for the good advice. I opted for the k2 Omni 4.5.

However, this question was regarding the Speedmachine boots.
socaltoco

Postby SrMike » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:19 pm

I asked that question about the Speedmachine 14s in the members area on realskiers. In the answer I got from Peter Keelty about these boots is they are lateral boots and are suitable for PMTS. I do not know if Herold and co. were consulted or not, I only know the answer I was given.

From personal experiance, I can tell you these boots are very responsive. Also, the boot lower is pretty volumous (sp?) and it is a boot to consider if you have meaty hoves. With my high insteps this was one of the few boots I could get a decent shell fit and still get in the boot. I just custom footbeds and alignment and I am really impressed with the way they ski.

One limitation in the boot design, with the removable heel and toe pads, is canting. About the most the sole could accomodate by planing is 1 degree and lifts are pretty much out of the question. (Thank God I only need 1 degree on the inside edge in the right boot.) If possible, you can cant the binding on the ski; however, with some binding systems, that is not possible.

I hope this helps.
SrMike

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System