hintertux camp

PMTS Forum

hintertux camp

Postby john heath » Sun May 15, 2005 7:56 am

thanks again for the great camp in hintertux and for the attention to alignment issues. everyone in our group agreed we?d learnt a lot. big thanks to diana, harald and as i didn`t realise rich was leaving early, please pass on enormous thanks to him.
enjoy mount hood!
john.
john heath

Postby Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 8:28 am

hello,
I'm Giuseppe from Rome, and I join John's words.
So we are sad because of one year waiting.
Bye Harald Diana and Rich, and all campers!

Postby TonI » Thu May 19, 2005 11:00 am

Hi,
I fully agree, in fact I think it was the best week of skiing and instruction I ever had. Certainly being able to play in the fresh powder on wednesday was something I had not dared to hope for in May! Rich did a very fine job getting us ready for that. After that, Harald took me to a new level. Wow, what a great feeling to commit to the new turn, feel the legs crossing under me, knowing that the skis will come after me to save me.
Now, my only worry is whether the movements will still be mine next season. Cannot wait for the Carvers to arrive and master that weighted release...
See ya all next year!

Ton
TonI

Very good work

Postby Harald » Thu May 19, 2005 12:57 pm

We thank all who attended the European camp for the praise and accolades about the Hintertux Camp. Rich and Diana did an awesome job and the Resort and Hotel (Christian) of course are top notch.

We can obviously see the remarkable progress you made during the camp, which makes ski teaching highly rewarding for the result driven instructors that we are. We love the Europe camp as it is a very special cultural, as well as ski experience. Seventy percent of the skiers attending this year were from Europe.

Diana and I held a PMTS accreditation for European instructors ( the second one) the week before the camp. This was also a huge success. We now have instructors and ski school directors using PMTS on two different dry slopes in Holland and Belgium and we have PMTS accredited instructors in five European Nations. We also have PMTS instructors in Canada and Australia.

We have had a great season and the momentum you experienced at the Hintertux camp is happening at all the other camps, beginning with our first camp in November for the PMTS instructor group.

I am very proud of the instructors and coaches we have trained and introduced into the PMTS camp system. In the next few years you will be seeing new faces all highly qualified PMTS instructors.

On my return I found that many of our camps for next season are already almost fully booked. There are already three groups for the December Copper Camp and two groups for the Big Sky camp established.

I wish you all a great summer, don?t forget to bike, row or run whatever you do to get in shape for the next season. It will make a big difference to your skiing.

Diana and I are going to be near Orlando, Florida week after next to be involved with coaching and developing coaching techniques for the worlds best slalom water skiers.

I will be responding to questions on the forum during the summer, but often I?ll be out of computer range.

We will be seeing many of you at the Mt Hood camp right after Florida, so don?t put your skis away yet.

My group on the last day did a super job of improving knee bending with release, it made a huge difference in their transitions and carving ability. great job.
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Postby malefactor » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:31 am

A list of thousands public proxy hosts with online check capability: http://www.checkproxy.net
malefactor

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System