Blossom White Out, The Multi-Trick Pony

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Re: Blossom White Out, The Multi-Trick Pony

Postby noobSkier » Mon May 07, 2018 1:10 pm

jbotti wrote:Harald skis it. Stiff slalom carver. Not an all mountain ski. Geoff would probably love it.

How does the stiffness compare to the iSL (non-RD)?
noobSkier

Postby jbotti » Mon May 07, 2018 2:17 pm

I have only skied the ISL non RD and not the SZ 16 but based on what I have been told by Diana the SZ 16 is a much stiffer ski. The ISL non RD is not very stiff and maybe only modestly stiffer than the Head SS Kers (the later version that had some more pop than the original). In fact the ISL non RD skis very similar (if its stiffer its only marginally) to the SS Kers without the hooky tail (that does not like to release in arcs). From what I have been told the SZ 16 is really a dedicated on piste hard snow ski and for that I hear it is great.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby geoffda » Tue May 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Max_501 wrote:
geoffda wrote:It is a very damp ski, and while it doesn't feel particularly lively, it is far from dead. Rebound is solid, rather than springy.

This is an interesting difference because the 2 pair that I have been on feel very lively with lots of rebound (like a SL ski).

Could be my perception has been warped by too much time on race skis :D . I've only been on slalom skis this season--mostly FIS, but I was on my consumer iSLs the day I skied the White Outs.
geoffda

Postby geoffda » Tue May 08, 2018 12:22 pm

jbotti wrote:Harald skis it. Stiff slalom carver. Not an all mountain ski. Geoff would probably love it.

Heh, sounds like an all mountain ski to me :lol: . I've been wanting to try it--it looks like a super fun ski.
geoffda

Previous

Return to Gear