Reilly McGlashan

Friends get together

Reilly McGlashan

Postby go_large_or_go_home » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:46 am

What do you think of this clip from Reilly?

"By jove!" I do believe he is finally demonstrating some very strong PMTS essentials...
go_large_or_go_home

Re: Reilly McGlashan

Postby speedcontrol » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Nice turns .
speedcontrol

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Reilly is a great skier.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby HeluvaSkier » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:24 am

Also,
I'd like to add that Reilly, for several seasons now, has been using movements that are consistent with PMTS.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby go_large_or_go_home » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:07 pm

And this from behind:

Slowmo action at the end...
go_large_or_go_home

Postby mrvilliams » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:20 pm

And this? very powerful skiing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2pvvGhx3k8
mrvilliams

Postby Kiwi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:10 am

Reilly has a lot of PMTS essentials in his skiing and he is actively refining these movements. I wonder how it is that he is accepted by APSI and PSIA, for whom he is a poster boy, given these organisations advocate the opposite movements in their teaching programs.
Kiwi

Postby mrvilliams » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:03 am

He's style seems to be strictly apsi from comparison to Lorenz and other interski videos.
mrvilliams

Postby mborsik » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:49 am

No comment needed. I could watch this for hours...

Also, check his last 3-4 uploads on his channel, absolutely amazing!
mborsik

Postby B.Mulligan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:53 am

Kiwi wrote:Reilly has a lot of PMTS essentials in his skiing and he is actively refining these movements. I wonder how it is that he is accepted by APSI and PSIA, for whom he is a poster boy, given these organisations advocate the opposite movements in their teaching programs.

well all the Australian demo guys I see in videos seem to have embraced the Lorenz / Reilly technique. And, that rookies treble cone NZ summer crew looks like it is becoming the summer symposium for the world's best demo skiers. Even psia as Jonathan Ballou looks like he's embraced and works on the same skills as the elite Aussies.

I'm really looking forward to this seasons Projected Prodction film from Reilly and Lorenz, they've included quite a cast of demo ski Giants. Last years film with those two and Beaulieu was the best 20 bucks I spent all winter.
B.Mulligan

Postby Kiwi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:10 am

Totally agree with you. I had the chance to watch the Rookies at TC this year. Narrow stance and PMTS movements the new norm at TC. I wonder if Reilly has been working on his CA recently. The only thing I don't like about Rookies is they to are re-inventing the lexicon. Counter Balance they call body separation or at least Lorenz does, odd phrasing.
Kiwi

Postby Obrules15 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:55 pm

I don't think there is any lexicon re-invention, counterbalance is from HH Essentials of Skiing published forever ago and an outstanding publication it is. The videos on the website talk about it quite extensively as well, and there is a new video that looks at exercises that can be done indoors to help with it.
Obrules15

Postby mborsik » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:46 am

Nice drills there, most of them look familiar, don't they? :)

mborsik

Postby milesb » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:28 am

Interesting, it looks like it comes close to pmts. But notice that inside ski tipping is not emphasized. Particularly on the javelins, compare it with the phantom javelins that we do. And the stork turns look like there is no inside ski tipping until later in the turn. And the pole drag that pmts teaches has the pole tips moving forward.
It's kind of puzzling because inside ski tipping is clearly a basis for his skiing on the other videos on this thread.
In any event it's a fairly good set of exercises to warm up. But pmts gives a much better set, especially if you want to learn pmts.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby Obrules15 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:15 pm

milesb wrote:Interesting, it looks like it comes close to pmts. But notice that inside ski tipping is not emphasized. Particularly on the javelins, compare it with the phantom javelins that we do. And the stork turns look like there is no inside ski tipping until later in the turn. And the pole drag that pmts teaches has the pole tips moving forward.
It's kind of puzzling because inside ski tipping is clearly a basis for his skiing on the other videos on this thread.
In any event it's a fairly good set of exercises to warm up. But pmts gives a much better set, especially if you want to learn pmts.

Looks to me like he tried to change things enough to stay out of copyright trouble.
Obrules15

Next

Return to Social Chatting