Locations to practice with Carvers / Skates in Sydney ?

PMTS Forum

Locations to practice with Carvers / Skates in Sydney ?

Postby DavidV » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:05 am

Hi forumites,

I am waiting for a pair of Carvers to arrive in the mail and have been practicing with good old inline skates. I have been using a great gentle slope in the car parks at Sydney Olympic Park, but I am now looking for something a bit steeper.

Can any of you Sydney based PMTS fans suggest good (safe) locations in Sydney ?

Can't wait to try out the Carvers !! :-)

thanks for any suggestions,
davidv
DavidV

Postby bejes » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:59 am

hey David
Have had a pair of carvers for a few months now.
Went carving with Peter down in bowral, a great road there.
I have found a road near my place, but I'm in kurrajong.
Be keen to come and have a carve with you sometime.
Where abouts are you?
bejes

... Balmain

Postby DavidV » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:40 pm

hi bejes

yup, I'm currently living around Balmain, lots and lots of traffic to deal with on the hills around here ! :-(

I have heard that there is some good black snow up around Narrabeen that the guys from Manly Skate shop do pre-season ski training ... bit far from both of us !

Anyway I would definately meet you someplace to carve .. I am off to Fernie to do a camp with Peter S in a couple of weeks .. (hope it stops raining and starts snowing in Fernie - it's desperate right now !! :-( ). When I get back in March the Carvers should be sitting at home waiting ! Let's arrange it then .. you obviously have some pretty good slopes up your way !
DavidV

Postby bejes » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:38 pm

Hey david, so am re:fernie camp. Well actually I will be doing the pmts level 1 cert with HH and Dianna. My gf will be doing a camp. What dates will you be there? Are you going by yourself, cos im still tossing up wether to go ski utah/usa then fernie, or buy a season pass in fernie and stay there. Was looking at end of feb till late March.
Found any cheap accom? I'd be keen to share accom/car if you were up for that.
You checked out ski.com.au? Interesting thread going on at the moment.,

http://forum.ski.com.au/scripts/ultimat ... 1;t=012423
Start about page 2.
bejes

Postby DavidV » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:10 pm

bejes,

Interesting thread ... all gets way too heated in these flame wars for my liking. Reminds me of the 'religous' discussions that occur in the IT world :?

About Fernie .. am travelling with GF and another couple, so no go on the accom and road trip side of things - next time for sure though .. we are in the camp starting Mon 21st, going to Banff the week after that ... so come on Hughie (please) !

When does the Level 1 Cert start ?
DavidV

Postby bejes » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:41 pm

The camp is 3 days from march 8th i think. We might also be going to banff, probably noti till march 20 or so.
bejes

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System