Head Icon TT80.0 and Chip66 Availability

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Head Icon TT80.0 and Chip66 Availability

Postby montizano » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:01 am

Are either of these skis available in the US? Any possibility of getting them through the US Head distributor?

Has anyone actually skied the Chip66?

-Monti
montizano

Re: Head Icon TT80.0 and Chip66 Availability

Postby nipper » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 am

Head Icon TT800s are available from a company based in Spain. They ship internationally including the USA. Current cost is shown as $611 but I am not sure about shipping charges.If you are interested look up www.snowinn.com
nipper

Postby GregR » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:01 pm

The TT80 is also available from a Canadian company called asogear.com (Action Sports Outlet). I found a pair of the 176cm with RFD 12 bindings on their EBay site for $399.99 + free shipping (also got here a lot quicker than having them shipped from Spain): http://www.ebay.com/itm/310375425612?ss ... 1439.l2649. Seems like they had a few other TT-80s available so it might be worth a look-see.

Having the bindings mounted (etc.) this week - may have to "grow into" these, but hope to give them a decent shakedown next weekend. :-)

--
GregR
GregR

Postby GregR » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Just checked EBay, and looks like they've got another pair of them listed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Head-Icon-TT-80 ... 4843dead8f.

Also a few others at higher prices: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=hea ... m270.l1313

--
GregR
GregR

Postby AnI » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 pm

I can cofirm it, regarding asogear. They sell last year's model (white). I could not resist the temptation and ordered TT80 from them for $399 including shipping (via e-bay) about 4 weeks ago. They shipped via FedEx from Buffalo, NY. Package arrived in a week. Apparently they took the skis across the border to the nearest FedEx location. Brand new skis in plastic wrap as described, with rail bindings in a separate box and instructions how to mount them on skis. They also have 152 cm. A month ago they had better selection of lenghts.

In Europe, such skis (this year's model) typically cost from 400 to 650 Euros including tax, which is equivalent to about $550 to $880. So $400 is a good price, but all standards.
AnI

Postby GregR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Finally got a chance to check out the TT-80s today (and also a new pair of Volkl AC-30s, but that's another story... ;-)).

First impression is the Icons feel very stable underfoot (they're also the stiffest skis I've ever been on, so maybe that's part of it), and they'll probably turn into a really nice pair of carving machines once I get more experience with them (today it was mostly just lay them on the edges and let them do their thing - and enjoy the ride :-)).

It was also nice to find out that even though they're higher-performance models they still handle well at the more-sedate speeds that I was driving them during the "shakedown cruise" (I was a little concerned that they might be too fast for me and that I'd have to "grow into" them, but that doesn't appear to be the case).

Snow conditions were "OK" but not what I'd call great (Snow Summit, SoCal area) - it was almost too warm for skiing, 51° high temp made for some slushy sports here and there and it was almost like a lake in some areas (seriously, 2-3" of water to ski through to get to one of the lifts). But overall I'm very satisfied with these from just a couple of hours on them - they cut through the various snow conditions (packed powder, crud, what was left of the earlier grooming, etc.) without missing a beat, and hopefully that'll get even better once I have more experience on them. :-)
GregR

Return to Gear