World Championships SG Video!

PMTS Forum

World Championships SG Video!

Postby h.harb » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:07 pm

This guy Cristof Innerhofer really brought it, he skied clean, right and won. I'll really excited about this skiing. It shows Bode is totally wrong about his approach to skiing fast.

This is bad video quality and skinet has not put up their version yet, they are the best. No need to get on Universal's slow loading site; just wait a little longer and you'll have a perfect high quality version from skinet for free on You Tube.
h.harb

Re: World Championships SG Video!

Postby h.harb » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:01 pm

A better video version just came up.

h.harb

Postby h.harb » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Really great stuff from this man:
1.Holding CA through the whole release and using flexing to get a Weighted release. No up extensions no inclination, he's got it figured out and so do his coaches, wonder when the rest will catch on.

h.harb

Postby h.harb » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:10 pm

This is Cuche's run, too much extension and skidding, Too straight at the gates and not enough early High C . Innerhofer killed him on this run.
h.harb

Postby midwif » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Even to my relatively untrained eye, Innerhofers almost looks SLOW when turning,
while Cuche is always "recovering" from the edge of disaster.
Cuches, turns looks rushed, overall. One never gets the feeling that Innerhofer is struggling
to maintain control at these speeds.
And the difference in times is less than a second or so.

L.
midwif

Postby chrisw » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:23 am

Well, sounds like even Innerhoffer can find something in Bode's skiing to emulate. He wisely chose something of a non-technical nature:

Seeing the American's fighting spirit before starting his own run helped Christof Innerhofer pull off an outstanding run and claim the super-G world title Wednesday.
"I saw Bode Miller and I told myself that's how I had to race, too," the Italian said. "Simply give your best, then you can't reproach yourself at the finish."

Read more: http://www.greenwichtime.com/sports/art ... z1DYdQXzwi
chrisw

Postby skiaddict » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to posting in the forums, but I've been reading through these for awhile. There is a wealth of great knowledge present in the Harb Ski Systems material and these forums. I know this isn't a great place for introductions, but I came to realize that traditional ski instruction was not going to make me any better. When I first got shape skis (6-7 years ago), I read Witherell's book and began trying to teach myself. I was drawn to the PMTS technique after spending some time on Epic. The technique being discussed on Epic did not translate into what I had taken away from Witherell and what I had experienced in my own skiing (ie how I felt the skis wanted to be turned and how they performed). Then, my father found PMTS and the more I read, the more I found similarities in what I was experiencing. Anyways, back on topic...

This thread has some great criticism of Cuche's run that I am going to take away for myself. I've been doing beer league racing for the past few years. Each year I have gotten better. However, this year I find myself inconsistent. I realized after Harb's comments about Cuche that I have been trying to ski a straighter line than I should. I am missing out on the high-c in many of my runs and therefore, am slow. Thanks for the comments guys...It's hard to find a good coach out here so I'm trying to self diagnose. So far, this place has been my Mecca for that.
skiaddict

Postby h.harb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks Skiaddict

Yes, if you look at Cuche's run he's aways hurried. This is because he is too direct and has to make up the arc after the gate, and that is precisely when the next gate is coming at him fast. He also didn't make his skis hold on the low line. Sometimes the low line can be fast, but not if your skis are skidding. It's amazing that ski racing doesn't change.

I raced for 4 years basically and had the same experiences as we are talking about here. Then I coached for 20 years and saw athletes making the same mistakes. Sometimes you just knew you blew it because you were low, other times the low line was fast. The best is to hit the hard turns with the High C, and the easier ones with the low line, if you can hold the edges. That's exactly what Innerhofer did.
h.harb

Postby geoffda » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:02 pm

h.harb wrote:The best is to hit the hard turns with the High C, and the easier ones with the low line, if you can hold the edges. That's exactly what Innerhofer did.

Damn. Harald, can you try not to be so wordy with your answers? It's really hard to try figure out what you mean when you give such long-winded explanations. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, those two sentences blow me away. Wow.
geoffda

Postby h.harb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm sorry Geoff, just don't have the eloquence of my heros on Epic.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System