Workout Routine for Harb Carvers

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Workout Routine for Harb Carvers

Postby barbour » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:07 pm

First time poster here....

I bought the Pro Model Carvers for me and my wife in August. We live in Texas, with no hills, etc. We are trying to build up endurance (and leg muscles) for the upcoming ski season. Even though we live in TX, we probably ski about 20 days per year. We started training with our mountain bikes last month, but have really fallen in love with using our carvers every day on the paved bike trails. It was a little slow at first, but we're now skating about 45 miles per week (avg 10mph). We plan to increase that number this week.

I was curious if anybody else had used their carvers like in-line skating? It seems like a great cross country ski workout, and more intense then using my in-line skates.

Even though were in a flat area, we do have a few spots on our trail with some elevation. So we have been working on short radius turns, and the uphill climb is really working out our leg muscles.

Any tips on additional workout routines on flat surfaces would be appreciated.

We also have something going on with our heal screws. I routinely have to tightened them a half turn, before each ride. This happens on both sets of carvers and both heal screws on back. We leave our boots on the carvers at all times. The front screws never get loose, so all good there.

Thanks
Robin
barbour

Return to Gear