CAll me disappointed!

PMTS Forum

CAll me disappointed!

Postby h.harb » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:28 pm

I think I deserve a little more support from this community, from my request for comments and rating on my You Tube videos. I put in a lot of time and effort, so this community can learn, be educated and improve their skiing. I ask very little in return. In two days (thank you, to the 3 that did) there are 3, yes, you see it, only 3 people who commented from a membership of 500 plus.

Thank you, I'm now less upset and not so disappointed, :D :D

I am not asking for anything exceptional or for anyone to make up, embellish or create false endorsements. I am asking for a normal level of support and comments that would naturally be made and have been made here on this forum.

We are a small community of only 500 plus, the idea is to let other skiers world wide know what everyone here already knows about PMTS.
h.harb

Re: CAll me disappointed!

Postby carver_hk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:57 pm

I guess people just being busy at this joyful moment? :)
I attempted to put up a comment twice. Still waiting for youtube to take effect. Are people in youtube too busy validating comment?
I love line graphics :)
carver_hk

Postby Mac » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Sorry, Harald, I haven't been able to play anything on Youtube or anything else for that matter do to a problem with my home PC. I will be back at work tomorrow (unfortunately) so I'll have access to another PC there. Once I've had a chance to give it a look, I'll be glad to comment on it (be careful what you wish for!) And frankly, if you did choose to make this a pay site, I wouldn't blame you in the least. I'd gladly support any site that I think is worthwhile, and there's nobody on the web that I know of that puts in the amount of time and energy for the benefit of their members than you do. I'd hate to think of what I'd do without it.
Mac
Mac

Postby h.harb » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Thank you for your efforts!
h.harb

Postby mzf25 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:48 pm

Harald, I've been a lurker on this site for a few years, and I've greatly appreciated your instruction, comments, and those of the rest of the PMTS community. Your disappointment has led me to finally post. You and this forum have transformed my skiing, and I am forever grateful. Your instruction videos, including your DVD set, plus your books, have provided the tools and insights that I practice and use. Besides hoping that you will continue with your posting of instructional videos, my only suggestion is that they ought to include a super slow motion section illustrating critical movements with appropriate comments.
Please continue with the videos,
mzf
mzf25

Postby carver_hk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Eventually got my comment get through. But sorry, forgot to rate. :D
I love line graphics :)
carver_hk

Postby FredA » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Harald,
I am one of the lurkers here. I discovered your web site almost exactly one year ago. Since then, I have purchased your books and DVD’s and committed them to memory. I tried to attend the December camp but was not able to. Instead, I have arranged for my wife and I to spend 3 days with Rich Messer in January.

I have been skiing for 40+ years and have taken a lot of traditional lesions. But, your teachings are the first time that I have an understanding of how to make a turn. Like one of the other posters, your disappointment was reason enough for me to post.

Please continue with the videos.

FredA
FredA

Postby Mac » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:36 am

Oops, I guess I'm too late. I see that the suspect in question has removed the link. Maybe the mention of legal action has got him running scared. Or maybe he just didn't want to face the music. But I hear it's available on DVD, guess I'll just have to buy it if I want to watch it. :?
Mac

Postby NoCleverName » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:05 am

As a PMTS "fanboi" I don't comment to avoid the accusations that there are no one but shills commenting.

As to the fraudulent "Anyone can be an expert" video (which I did not view because I was on a slow link at the time), you certainly would have had no problem getting a "takedown notice" to work plus an obvious trademark case. As to damages ... unlikely. But it's shocking that anyone would be so sleazy to make such a video.
NoCleverName

Postby Mac » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:04 am

What's up with the up and down pogo stick action that Christian Mayer's using there? I can see a less skilled skier resorting to those kind of moves in difficult conditions, but he's on a flat groomed slope for god's sake. That's kind of disappointing, I always kind of liked him as a skier.
Mac

Postby Mac » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:07 am

Harald, I do have a comment to make about the the most recent clip that you put up. It appears that the skis you are using are way too skinny for those conditions :mrgreen:
Mac

Postby h.harb » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:25 am

This revision is also in the first post.

I am not asking for anything exceptional or for anyone to make up, embellish or create false endorsements. I am asking for a normal level of support and comments that would naturally be made and have been made here, before, on this forum.

We are a small community of only 500 plus here, the idea is to let other skiers world wide know what everyone here already knows about PMTS.

I noticed that the offending video has been removed. I don't know what to make of that, was it the impending legal action or the realization that my exposing of this, well below accredited skiing standards and information, would damage his position?
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 am

Harald, I do have a comment to make about the most recent clip that you put up. It appears that the skis you are using are way too skinny for those conditions

As Mozart once responded to the Emperor of Austria, "If there are too many notes, which ones would you suggest I take out"?

Which skis do you suggest I use, and which turns are not handling the terrain??

I wish I was a good enough skier to make those runs on 105cm or 95cm wide skis. I could probably force the turns, but my knees are more valuable to me, then looking Kool and being "in"!
I guess I could use 95cm skis and just skip the turns and straight run those trails, like the new schoolers are doing.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:51 am

How do you control and create a standard for Skiing information that goes up on public web sites?

Should there be a review board?
Should the unsuspecting public be inundated with poor, and unqualified ski instruction on the web?
h.harb

Postby geoffda » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:18 am

h.harb wrote:I think I deserve a little more support from this community, from my request for comments and rating on my You Tube videos. I put in a lot of time and effort, so this community can learn, be educated and improve their skiing. I ask very little in return. In two days (thank you, to the 3 that did) there are 3, yes, you see it, only 3 people who commented from a membership of 500 plus.

I am not asking for anything exceptional or for anyone to make up, embellish or create false endorsements. I am asking for a normal level of support and comments that would naturally be made and have been made here on this forum.

We are a small community of only 500 plus, the idea is to let other skiers world wide know what everyone here already knows about PMTS.

Sorry Harald. You are right. You deserve tremendous support from those of us here who have benefited from the world class coaching that is only available on this site and through the products you offer at Harb Ski Systems. You shouldn't have had to ask & all I can do is apologize. Anyway, I just published reviews of Essentials and ACBAES1 & 2 on Amazon, and rated and commented as many of your videos as I could find. Hopefully others will follow suit and help show appreciation for what you are doing.
geoffda

Next

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System