This should be: G'day

PMTS Forum

This should be: G'day

Postby h.harb » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:16 am

Good morning everyone, in Ozz, noticed many contributors on at the same time. As Rich said in his post, fall and winter weather are already here in the mountains. Frost and ice appear at our house almost every morning.
Last edited by h.harb on Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
h.harb

Good morning

Postby Hacski » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:42 pm

Saturday morning here Harald and I am the only one. Its the football finals season right now so maybe OZ folks have other priorities.
Last edited by Hacski on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hacski

Postby vseh » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:30 am

Hi Hacski
It's an exclusive club given the time difference to the USA
Shawn Richards
vseh

Postby Hacski » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:01 am

Thanks vseh. Yep it would have been Friday afternoon by the time I was on and everyone in Nth America would have been hard at work. I went to work too, on the book2 balancing exercises and incline board. Today I have been feeling the same muscles as after a day on the slopes. Tomorrow I'm off to the hardware store to get the stuff for the tipping board.
Hacski

Postby vseh » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:50 am

Obviously better carpentry skills than me.
A few hours on the roadbike this morning but it's not quite the equivalent.
I've been tempted to order a pair of carvers to help maintain my modest balancing skills.
Do you get jealous when you hear the first reports of snow in the northern hemisphere?
Shawn Richards
vseh

Postby jclayton » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:22 am

Hi guys ,
as an ex-pat living in Mallorca these last 20 yrs I`m always curious about the season over there . How was it this year ?

The last time I skied there was in Mt Buller 1972 , I remember the snow was great ( mid August ) but I guess things have changed since then . I have a look at the web-cams but it doesn't give me a very good picture .

I heard the season is a bit short at times . Last year here it was a bit grim ,as I'm sure you know , but I still only lost a day due to conditions ( rain ) 4 weeks in the alps and Pyrenees . Some days in the 3 Valleys it was pretty sloppy down below but you could always find some good runs up high depending on aspect .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby vseh » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:41 am

Excellent start to the season, I had my best skiing in years in July with cold weather to hold the snow. Not quite as good in August with warm days.
Last year was abysmal and best forgotten - it just didn't snow.
The problem with Australia is the very short season and a high skier density on the slopes. The compensation is bright blue skied days and the alpine gumtrees
Shawn Richards
vseh

Postby jclayton » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:04 am

Yeah ,
I really miss the gum trees . Thanks for the report , good to hear it is a good year this time . Any of you guys going to Arapahoe Basin this December ?
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby A.L.E » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:39 pm

Yeah come on guys, how about jumping on the plane with me and joining us in Montana.....forget A Basin, it's booked out. Big Sky will be the best skiing of all the camps as well. Besides doing a camp in Fernie of course.

Shawn just tell your patients not to get sick that week. :lol:
A.L.E

Postby Hacski » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:16 am

vseh wrote:Obviously better carpentry skills than me.
A hidden talent unearthed by the books but the context does attract the odd wry comment from Mrs H.

vseh wrote:Do you get jealous when you hear the first reports of snow in the northern hemisphere?
Nope, just lose weight and get fit.

jclayton wrote:How was it this year ?
Essentially no south westerlies again this year due to blocking highs but unlike last year there were a few decent east coast lows that had enough cold air to provide early season snowfalls, with the last significant one in mid July. Since then it has been spring conditions but with no rain events the cover held although it is almost gone now. Could do with rain.

A.L.E wrote:how about jumping on the plane with me
For my part: If only my skill and bank balance would allow it A.L.E instead I have to settle for taking the books and work on the drills at Shiga Kogen and maybe Niseko too - hence my '4 dummies' question about TFR in the other thread.
Hacski

Postby fredm8 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:24 am

vseh wrote:Do you get jealous when you hear the first reports of snow in the northern hemisphere?

Nope,
just go skiing on Turoa again :-)

It is getting very soft on the slopes downunder, but the new 6 seat High Noon Express has made the season great for getting people up the mountain.
Douglas

From the land of the long white cloud, a land down under.
fredm8

Postby vseh » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:19 am

A.L.E wrote:Yeah come on guys, how about jumping on the plane with me and joining us in Montana.....forget A Basin, it's booked out. Big Sky will be the best skiing of all the camps as well. Besides doing a camp in Fernie of course.

Shawn just tell your patients not to get sick that week. :lol:

If only!
The youngest child starts the final year at school next year, I've started to think about a camp in 2009 when my freedom has been restored. I have to persuade my spouse about the necessity however.
Shawn Richards
vseh

All Mountain Clinic in Montana

Postby fisherskionsnow » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:41 am

What dates are the ALL Mountain clinic in Big Sky? I haven't seen a scheduled posted on the PMTS web site. Is there another web site that has the schedule for the up coming season?

Thanks,

Ken Fisher
Kenneth j. Fisher
fisherskionsnow

Postby h.harb » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:50 am

h.harb

Niseko

Postby MonsterMan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:36 pm

g'day Hatski,

when were you considering getting to Niseko? We'll be there boxing day.
MonsterMan

Next

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System