Introduction

PMTS Forum

Introduction

Postby zkyle » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:08 pm

Wanted to introduce myself and say what a great site and forum!

zkyle
zkyle

Postby jbotti » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Welcome!!
If you feel comforatble, why don't you tell us a little about yourself, your skiing, what has attracted you to the site and what has attracted you to PMTS. JB.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby zkyle » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:31 pm

jbotti wrote:Welcome!!
If you feel comforatble, why don't you tell us a little about yourself, your skiing, what has attracted you to the site and what has attracted you to PMTS. JB.

Thanks for the welcome, not to much to tell about myself, 40 yrs old, married with three kids 17, 16, and 12 all who ski. I consider myself a good skier who can ski blue/black runs and hopes to learn to ski expert runs. Actually I came across the epic website and did a search for PMTS, apparently their not to fond of the system for some reason, but did get a link to this forum, so I guess there always a silver lining.

I got attracted to PMTS through Harald web-site and found it interesting and had to try it. I've since bought his book, Anyone Can Be An Expert Skier 2 plus just order his new one through Amazon today. I plan on attending one of his camps as soon as possible, from what I've heard they sound awesome. Thanks again.
zkyle

Postby Ken » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:30 pm

The PMTS camps are awesome. I've never seen such a collection of experts that are also friendly and superb instructors as I have at the camps. Learning PMTS is easy as soon as one is able to let go of old habits. When a PMTS turn is hit right, the ride is exhilarating and controlled at the same time...amazing. The PMTS techniques are valid at all levels of skiing. The elementary techniques are the building blocks for the expert techniques.

Ken
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

PMTS has made my skiing better

Postby Dave T » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:47 pm

ZKyle you are in for a great experience with PMTS.

I was a very technically competent skier before a major injury 3 years ago. During my rehab (spiral fracture and tibia plateau) I was searching for new skiing techniques to help me with my planned returned to the slopes. I stumbled across Peter's website and Haralds forum. I read Harald's books (1 and 2) and will order the new book this week. To make a long story short, during my first day returning to the slopes, I practiced the phantom move and was amazed at how the ability to focus on the free foot naturally resulted in better balance and positioning of the stance leg (something call co-contraction - way beyond my understanding of bio mechanics). It works is all I can say. After 2 full seasons of rehab on the slopes and practicing PMTS, I am skiing better than pre-accident and still improving. I was probably stuck at my level based on my technique.

Thanks Harald
Dave in Vancouver
rather be in Whistler
Dave T

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System