100 reasons not to post

PMTS Forum

100 reasons not to post?

Postby SLAVA » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:04 pm

Actually one reason 100 inches deep? :wink:

Yeah you guess right.. unbelievable powder days at Mt. Hood!

Since Thursday Mt. Hood received 100+ inches of fresh powder.
With average temp. Of 20F it?s better than Utah.

Thursday was spectacular with all this 28? fresh and temp at 15F
Today was really good and challenging massive crud, big soft bums and waist deep powder at upper Heather Canyon.

Year to date we have almost 600 inches snow fall.
If you were thinking to come at summer time for race camp it doesn?t get any better

I think next march all mount camp should be held at Mt Hood.

G-d bless Mt. Hood!
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

Postby Joseph » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:05 pm

Hey Slava, I've got about 3 1/2 good reasons to post. All of them having to do with 3+ inches of the dirty four letter R word. You know what they say about March in New England, 'In like a duck out like a ?' or something like that. Enjoy the powder, my friend. I'll treasure the memory of have skied it in the distant past. I hear Tahoe calling.
Joseph

Postby skiman123321 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:53 am

I agree with you Joseph. What a sad winter here in the banana belt! The weather guys are calling for temperatures of 78 degrees here in sunny south central PA. Darn it! As Warren Miller would say, we skied on a lot of ?loud powder? this year. Sorry we missed you at Elk. Hopefully we will see you next year. Man, that is a long way away. We aren?t ready for spring.
skiman123321

Postby jbotti » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:04 am

I hate to jump in and spoil it for the New Englanders, but I just came back from the 3 best powder days of my life at Squaw. It was knee and waist deep alll three days with at least a foot a fresh snow every night.
For those who know Squaw, I went into the sun bowl off the Headwall chair on Saturday morning. There was only one other person in the bowl. I pointed my skis down and the snow was so deep that I never made a turn the whole way down and I never went faster than 10mph. In the steeper terrain it was one of the great parties ever.

Amazingly, another two feet will hit tonight with more fresh snow expected all week long. It is also real cold, so what Slava said is correct. This is not Sierra Cement, but rather the light and fluffy stuff. It's a tough job, but someone has to ski the fresh stuff!!!

Joseph, Go West young man!! JB.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby Joseph » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:47 pm

Enjoy it out there, folks!
Joseph

Postby Harrison » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:24 pm

yeah, new england has been really fun this year....at least we can ride our bikes early
skinny skiers unite
Harrison

Postby Harald » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:53 pm

Really, it not that bad in New Engalnd. You get to enjoy the culture of great cities like Boston, Concord, New York. You have all that history and culture around you. You get to drive five to six hours to the skiing, which has world class snow making. You get to use every piece of high tec clothing ever developed. You have to use real shaped skis with sharp edges, not the wide fat long useless ones that western skiers think are so great.

The big advantage back east is that on the eastern powder you can hear a snow boarder coming from miles away, where as, we out west have to be constantly looking over our shoulders.

What is the last thing a snowbaorder says before he enters the first aid room? Hey Dude, check this out!
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Postby SLAVA » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:52 am

You have to use real shaped skis with sharp edges, not the wide fat long useless ones that western skiers think are so great.

I don?t know about western skiers but NW skiers use different tools for different applications
It?s all about the operator.. size and shape is not important
:wink:
I remember someone told that he was carving icy slopes with PMTS movements on 215mm straight sticks in seventies
perhaps I?m gonna try it this summer...
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

Postby Joseph » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:13 am

I was carving on 210 Blizzard Thermo V20's in February. I had to get going at least 30 before they really started to rail like a shaped ski, but when they did it was pretty cool. Make sure that they're razor sharp. A helmet probably wouldn't be a bad idea either. But I don't know how much luck you'll have in all of that fluffy stuff. You may just need some of our beautiful eastern "packed powder"
Joseph

Postby SLAVA » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:18 am

But I don't know how much luck you'll have in all of that fluffy stuff. You may just need some of our beautiful eastern "packed powder"

That?s why I?m gonna wait until summer
But thanks for the tips Joe. I?m looking forward to ski with you again this race camp
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System