Hi - Any videos on this site?

PMTS Forum

Hi - Any videos on this site?

Postby GEH » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:28 pm

I was wondering how an expert performing PMTS skis and was wondering if there were any videos on this site of someone besides Harald. I've seen the videos of Harald but it is not realistic to think a 48 year old weekend warrior (me) will ever ski like him.

Greg
GEH

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:47 pm

I'm 60, and I feel like I ski just like Harald...sometimes. Of course, I've been told on good authority that, "skier?s perception, interpretation or understanding of what, and how much and what part of the body they are moving, is not reality."

Ken
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

yes - we all ski exactly like Harald

Postby John Mason » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:23 pm

Yes - we all ski exactly like Harald.

------------------------------------------

ok - that's not quite true. I have a video of myself doing a very low speed one ski drill (harder to do then it looks). Basically it's of me at the All Mountain Camp 2004 last year when I still had not completed 2 years of skiing doing a very slow inside ski barely off the ground series of super phantom turns.

Here is a repeat of the link:

http://www.fototime.com/E363524F3797E68/conv.wmv

I don't have a lot of recent video. I have one from nubs nob a few weeks ago that just shows some relaxed skiing on pure ice. I'll convert that and add it to this thread. The people in front of me are making lots of audible ice scrapping noises. I'm not making much noise at all. This is an audible measure of the amount of edging/carving taking place.
John Mason

Postby violao » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:40 am

Hey John, I see you are doing SP drills on very gentle slope (pushing with poles, etc). In another thread I posted that with my new skis I was finally able to perform SP excercise as per book #2. Perhaps my mistake was in trying to do it from traverse on a steeper slope as demonstrated in video #2.
violao

I find it easier on steeper

Postby John Mason » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:25 am

I find it easier to do this drill on more slope. At this level of low energy the balance and patience required is actually higher then when you are going faster.

If the alignment is off at all, this is really hard to do too.
John Mason

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System