rental problem

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

rental problem

Postby JBrowell » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:53 pm

hey, i was just wondering if any of you pros out there could help me... i've been renting for a good while now and most of the time the skis i get dont feel right. as i'm going down the slope the tips wobble back and forth and slowing down is quite a chore. i've tried renting different lengths and also i've gotten very good rentals (head big easy's)

is it my technique or the skis?thanks
JBrowell

Postby ssh » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:45 pm

Most rental skis, below the "demo" level, are not well-prepared or maintained. In addition, if you are skiing in boots that are not your own and properly aligned/balanced, you're fighting against yourself from the moment you strap in.

What boots do you have? Where do you ski? Have you tried demos?
...addicted, passionate skier just seeking truth...and more fun on snow, of course!
ssh

Postby Sidney » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:16 pm

Make sure the ski's you hire dont have a foam core. Rather try a wood core or whatever the new equivalent is.

Foam core's will chatter and twitch if you pick up any decent speed, and if you're really lucky they will send you head over heels...
Sidney

Postby JBrowell » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:38 pm

thanks i'll have to check into that
JBrowell

Postby JBrowell » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:43 pm

i rent boots but i just acquired a pair of rossignol boots from an uncle of mine and they fit fairly well... i havent skiied with them yet. i ski at blue knob in pennsylvania. it's the closest to me. and to the best of my knowledge i havent tried demos. i'm not exactly sure what they are but i can see where the balancing of the boots comes from

thanks for the help
JBrowell

Return to Gear