Which boot models?

PMTS Forum

Re: Narrow Boots

Postby JohnMoore » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:51 am

johnk wrote:JM,

I also have narrow feet and I bought a pair of Head FR 9.5 boots with the 97 last at the Copper Mountain Camp in December. They fit well and with some adjustment I found that they helped me a lot during and after that Blue/Dark Blue camp. I recommend them. Good luck with your search.

Thanks! These are the top of my shortlist for testing.

J2R
JohnMoore

Postby -- SCSA » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:12 pm

You gotta go with Dalbello. That's still a great company. I heard on the lift Sunday at the Big Show that Tecnica bought up a bunch of smaller boot companies. The guy claimed -- warning! the guy was a gang member and a gaper. One of these guys who wears all the right stuff and is a level 3, but really can't ski to save his life :P -- that Tecnica is really going to be putting out some great boots.

Hmm.

We'll see.

But I'd say go with Dalbello :!: . I'll bet you right now that if you buy the CRX (Diablo), you'll be thanking me for years to come. Find out whatever model is right for you -- ask Harald -- put some Zip fit liners in them.

Boom!

You'll be in boot heaven, I'll betcha! :D
-- SCSA

Postby -- SCSA » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:18 pm

piggy,

I just saw your post. Maybe it's just me, but I'm nutzo about the CRX/Zip fit combo.

I mean, look at it this way. I've now put in 2 different Zip fit liners, the new one topped my old Zip fit liners, which I thought couldn't fit any better. :!:

So yeah man, I love my Dalbellos. The see through shells is a real eye cathca, too. :) 8)

Rumor has it that Dalbello is putting out a new boot that's supposed to bring back the loyal, Raichle Flexon crowd. They're marketing it as "the new Flexon...". Should be interesting. I think Dalbello is a great company.
-- SCSA

Rotary Design?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:32 pm

Most of the time when I see skiiers use rotary it is because they are rotating. Lange boots do not promote rotary as an initial movement. HH's methods are killer, but don't use technique (or lack of) as an excuse. Just look at HH's early wt stuff and you will see that the Boot does not create rotary. Quit making excuses through equipment.

PSIA Slam?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:40 pm

BTW Level 3 does not mean you ski great, but... Most level 3 skiiers are very good skiiers. I like the slam. Just wondering about your credentials? Tecnica makes a great boot for peoples feet that fit in them! Same with everyone else. Sounds like you are pushing Dalbello to someone who they might not fit. If the don't fit right they will suck. Get boots that fit, skis that you can use and work on technique. I get tired of excuses and nay sayers. I went through level 1,2 and 3 in 24 days. Most of my progressions came from the HH and Lito camps (+Rob and Eric). Are their methods better than PSIA? I don't know. I got some great stuff from PSIA too. Jsut ski great with versatility!!! :? :?

Postby -- SCSA » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:45 pm

Guest sez it good.

I didn't mean to say that Dalbellos are the end all, obviously for some, they may even be a nightmare!

They sure have worked for me, though.
-- SCSA

Postby piggyslayer » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:23 pm

SCSA
Sorry, I am not checking the forum as often as I wish I could.
I have FitZips too.
The leather got stretched in one of the liners (a big flab around heel).
Do you have the same problem? Do you have a way of maintaining FitZip leather in terse condition?
I tried baking liners in the oven for a short time on lowest setting. That helped but only for short time.
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Postby -- SCSA » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:03 am

piggy,

no sheet?! I have the same problem! I'm making turnz yesterday and all the sudden I got a floppy heal, just like you're saying. Fak! So now I'm thinking I just tossed away $300 bucks, on new liners.

I'm putting my old ones back in -- at least they're not floppy.

Hey man, did you buy them from Superior? If so, let's both contact them and see if we can get our money back. Mine are less than a week old!

So I'm trying to get a hold of HH and try some of his comformables. I'm trhying to hook up with him at the Basin tomorrow. Like always, it'll probably turn out that I should have called HH first. :wink: What a dumb arse I am.
-- SCSA

Postby jclayton » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:13 pm

SCSA
My first use of an emoticon :lol:
You crack me up , I mean you have 100 posts praising the Zipfits to the skies , someone mentions a problem and whammo! they are cast out of Ski gear heaven

Guest ?????
As for Technicas , I have bought them in the past for their good fit . I always bought top of the line models but my new Heads make them eat dust as far as lateral support goes
J.C.
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby jclayton » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:16 pm

SCSA

Look at it as a $300 move up the learning curve !

J.C. :roll:
jclayton

Postby -- SCSA » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:35 pm

latest liner update.

The shells I'm in are the 03 Diablo. I had never used the ORIGINAL liner. Since I'm a Zipfit snob :wink: , when I bought the boots I immediately took the stock liner out and put in my Zipfit Sidewinder (which, btw, has been/is now/will be in the future).

So today, for some odd reason, instead of going back to my Zipfit Sidewinder, I put in the stock liner -- which has never had a turn made in them.

They were fing...dynomite! My feet felt so good I felt like I owned the mountain today. I ended up seeing healpusher in the parking lot at Arrowhead, him and I proceeded to drink way too many beers at Redtail, and I still, felt like king of the hill.

Hmmm??? :?: :?:

So right here, right now, the stock liner that came with the boot is feelin better than...dare I say...my Zipfits??? :roll:

I'll make a few more turnz on them and I'll let you know.
-- SCSA

Postby piggyslayer » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:05 pm

About the flab in FitZips.

My boots are bit on a tight side, especially the left one (my left foot is bigger) and it is hard to put them on. I am quite sure that this is the reason I stretch the leather in my left liner. I stretch it when I am putting it on. There is probably no way around it. Some anti-aging cream maybe :) ?
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Postby jclayton » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:17 am

If you find some good antiaging cream for the Zi`fits let me know and I'll try it on my face .
J.C.
jclayton

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System