What are you skiing?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Re: What are you skiing?

Postby Darren » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:50 pm

HighAngles wrote:

Note that I was able to remove the Fusion system from my Elan SL and replace it with a true RDX race plate and Tyrolia Freeflex Pro race bindings. It really changed the character of the skis, making them much more "substantial" under foot. I have pictures of the surgery if anyone is interested in how to replace a Fusion system with a "real" setup. ;)

Yes would be interested in seeing pics since for safety I only ski using knee bindings. Trying to decide between the i speed & the Elan slx either way the system binding & plate will be removed & replaced with knee binding. Purchased a pair of hart striker that I have not skied yet. Thinking the whiteout might be a little wide for firm snow so might pick up a narrower ski for quicker edge to edge changes on firmer snow
Darren

Postby HighAngles » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:42 pm

Here is the full set of images for the "surgery": https://imgur.com/a/UgKKlHM
HighAngles

Postby willwingpang » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 am

This winter I am getting back into ski teaching in Austria and excited about it.

My day to day, client facing skis, I will be on the Head ispeed 170cm 2017/18.

For my free skiing, GS training days, I will be on the Dynastar Speed Master GS R22 180cm 2019/20. I am looking forward to trying these especially.
willwingpang

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:54 am

Darren wrote:Trying to decide between the i speed & the Elan slx either way the system binding & plate will be removed & replaced with knee binding.

I have a hard time believing that a skier using a Knee binding can take any kind of advantage of adding an RDX plate to an already stiff ski... The flex combination of that setup is higher than the spring rate of the binding...
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby Darren » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:42 am

Do not want to add plate just want to remove plate & binding already on the ski & replace with knee binding without a plate.
Darren

Postby Darren » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Was going to order a pair of elan slx & was told by the store selling them the binding & plate could not be removed as they were not screwed on according to the shop which is why I was interested in seeing the pics of the removed binding & plate
Darren

Postby dougtee » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:25 am

just got a brand new pair of head supershape i.speeds and cant even wait to use them
dougtee

Postby noobSkier » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:26 pm

Darren wrote:Was going to order a pair of elan slx & was told by the store selling them the binding & plate could not be removed as they were not screwed on according to the shop which is why I was interested in seeing the pics of the removed binding & plate

yes it seems they changed things up when they introduced the carbon fiber plate. I was hoping to remove the bindings as well, but no dice
noobSkier

Postby Darren » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:11 pm

HighAngles wrote:Here is the full set of images for the "surgery": https://imgur.com/a/UgKKlHM

High angles thanks for sending pics.
Darren

Postby Darren » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:19 pm

noobSkier wrote:
Darren wrote:Was going to order a pair of elan slx & was told by the store selling them the binding & plate could not be removed as they were not screwed on according to the shop which is why I was interested in seeing the pics of the removed binding & plate

yes it seems they changed things up when they introduced the carbon fiber plate. I was hoping to remove the bindings as well, but no dice

Noobskier thanks for info :)
Darren

Postby Marc » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:24 am

For summer season a pair of these :D

Sorry for the big image! Tap and hold image and select to view it in new tab.

Marc

Postby jbotti » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Went to the Grasski.net website. They have some video of some grass ski racing. Looks like a ton of fun. Not sure how similar the technique is to being on skis (although it looks pretty similar) but it does use ski boots and it appears you must tip to turn (and no one is skidding). They are short so a different fore aft challenge. Looks ideal for a hilly golf course, but I doubt any golf course wants people skiing on their grass. But if they are all closed due to the virus, you never know. It appears that there is a race circuit in Europe. Again looks like fun!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Previous

Return to Gear