IS THIS FORUM STILL ACTIVE?

PMTS Forum

IS THIS FORUM STILL ACTIVE?

Postby geezer skier » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:36 pm

No posts since August 18th??? :| :| :|
geezer skier

Re: IS THIS FORUM STILL ACTIVE?

Postby HeluvaSkier » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Still alive and kicking! Usually summer months don't bring many PMTS-technique-related questions to this forum, however, the gear and general conversation forums have been active lately. Traffic always picks up as soon as the North American season begins. Won't be long now. I put some new video on YouTube the other day, maybe that can hold you over? :mrgreen:
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby geezer skier » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:41 am

I watched that Youtube video Greg. Great skiing. Passed it on to all my "Tough Old Geezer Skiers" :D :D :D
Pat
geezer skier

Postby dougtee » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:46 am

HeluvaSkier wrote:Still alive and kicking! Usually summer months don't bring many PMTS-technique-related questions to this forum, however, the gear and general conversation forums have been active lately. Traffic always picks up as soon as the North American season begins. Won't be long now. I put some new video on YouTube the other day, maybe that can hold you over? :mrgreen:

maybe a decent idea for a new thread, but having devoured your channel already a dedicated youtube of great pmts skiing repository thread might be nice
dougtee

Postby Max_501 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:05 pm

Yes, this forum is still active. With the exception of posts from our Aussie/Kiwi/Summer_glacier/Indoor_skiing PMTSers most of us are not skiing in the summer and early fall. That doesn't mean we aren't dreaming of skiing, but it takes time to make use of our mtn_bikes/road_bikes/dirt_bikes/ATVs/motorcycles/motorhomes/camping_gear/water-ski_boats/jet_skis/wave_runners/fishing_boats/kayaks/canoes/running_shoes/hiking_boots/race_cars/4WD_Monsters/etc and then post on the internet about gear, fitting, technique, etc that relates to those activities. Once we put away the summer distractions this forum lights up for the real fun that many of us dream about each night.

As far as I can tell Harald's first post was on Thu Oct 23, 2003 at 11:19 am. Here we are 16 years later. Harald, you did good! :D
Max_501

Postby Robert0325 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:24 am

This forum wasn’t very active yesterday. Seemed it got hijacked by some sort of scamming site.
Did anyone else get that or was it just us folks in the UK that we’re affected?
Seems fine now obviously.
Robert0325

Postby precisionchiro » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:24 am

Robert0325, I saw that yesterday morning. I only check here once in a while in the summer and fall, and when I went to log on here yesterday, it looked like the website domain was abandoned, or past its subscription, and it linked to some other company landing page with similar initials. But that was gone by the afternoon.
precisionchiro

Postby ErikCO » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:27 pm

The domain name expired, so the site was redirected to a holding site (as is a standard policy for most domain registrars when your domain name expires). I let Diana know about it and, after doing a domain renewal, it is back working. Nothing was actually hijacked as far as I am aware.
ErikCO

Postby skijim13 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:50 am

Getting ready for ski season, hiking, biking, and dryland training. We also have our three out West trips planned; December Snowmass, January Superblue, and February Winter with a midweek visit to the basin. Our Winter park trip starts February 21. Anyone in the area is welcome to ski with our group.
skijim13

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System