Blue Accreditation Practice

Tell about your PMTS camp experience. Find out how to sign up for a camp.

Blue Accreditation Practice

Postby Spark » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:45 am

I am working towards my PMTS Blue accreditation and I am looking for volunteer Green and Blue level PMTS students to hone my instruction skills. I have limited alignment assessment abilities, so prior PMTS alignment is much preferred.

I am available to ski most anywhere in the west. Schedule permitting, I am available on short notice for sessions within four hours drive of Moab, Utah (Front Range CO, Aspen, Telluride, Crested Butte, Wasatch Range UT, etc.). Longer distances will require more advanced planning.

Compensation in any form is neither required nor permitted.

Current Travel Schedule:
Salt Lake City, UT - Feb. 11-15, 2019
Missoula, MT - Feb. 19-Mar. 3, 2019
Last edited by Spark on Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spark

Re: Blue Accreditation Practice

Postby CO_Steve » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi Spark, you know Aspen is less the four hours away too. I've got 50% coupons.

Steve
CO_Steve

Postby VAskier » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi Spark!

PM sent
VAskier

Postby michael1958 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:23 am

I live in park city and have a weekday pass for deer valley and an epic pass. I am probably more advanced than you are looking for but could use the help since I often get into bad habits to protect my damaged spine and neurological issues I have participated in 3 camps.My wife Helene would be an ideal candidate. I am available on the 14th or 15 th and possibly the afternoon of the 11th. I can be reached at(914) 393-1769.
Thank you
Michael Leventoff
michael1958

Postby Spark » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:09 pm

Well, last season all fell apart in March just as I was hitting my stride, and this one promises to be interesting to say the least, but I am still pursuing my blue accreditation and I am looking forward to skiing with old friends and meeting new ones. In recognition of the realities of COVID I will be doing my best to keep myself and my fellow skiers safe, but I am determined to ski as much as possible and I would love to be able to share my passion for PMTS with others and improve my teaching skills. As in the past, I am primarily based out of Summit county, CO, Moab and Salt Lake City, UT, but with some advanced notice I have an ability to travel anywhere west of Denver.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions and comments or to make arrangements for a practice instruction session.
Spark

Postby dgibbs » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:18 am

Just wanted to say that my wife and I skied with Spark a couple weeks ago at Powder Mountain, UT and had a great time!
He helped me fix a couple issues that have been plaguing me (extension) for a while in no time at all.
He was able to get my wife to put her feet together and built a lot of confidence for her in a very short time.
So much in fact that she went tree skiing with me the following day. Not a small accomplishment as she is very timid.
Really jived with his method and personality and really recommend taking advantage of his generous offer.

I would ski with you again anytime Spark!
dgibbs

Postby tigernbr » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:40 am

Hi Spark. I skied with you in my very first PMTS Camp at Granby a few years ago. I know this is a bit early but I'll be attending another camp this coming season. I think I'll sign up for the Blue/Dark Blue camp in February. I'll be coming in a couple of days early to knock the rust off before camp starts. If you are in Summit County at that time, I'd love to ski with you again. I can ski at either ABasin or Keystone.
tigernbr

Postby Spark » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:22 am

dgibbs wrote:Just wanted to say that my wife and I skied with Spark a couple weeks ago at Powder Mountain, UT and had a great time!
He helped me fix a couple issues that have been plaguing me (extension) for a while in no time at all.
He was able to get my wife to put her feet together and built a lot of confidence for her in a very short time.
So much in fact that she went tree skiing with me the following day. Not a small accomplishment as she is very timid.
Really jived with his method and personality and really recommend taking advantage of his generous offer.

I would ski with you again anytime Spark!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I had a blast skiing with you and discovering a new really great place to ski, a perfect PMTS teaching mountain! I am happy I was able to help. Be sure to let me know the next time you come west, it would be great to see you both again.
Spark

Postby Spark » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:30 am

tigernbr wrote:Hi Spark. I skied with you in my very first PMTS Camp at Granby a few years ago. I know this is a bit early but I'll be attending another camp this coming season. I think I'll sign up for the Blue/Dark Blue camp in February. I'll be coming in a couple of days early to knock the rust off before camp starts. If you are in Summit County at that time, I'd love to ski with you again. I can ski at either ABasin or Keystone.

I miss Granby a lot. What a great teaching mountain and the camps were always a blast. I would love to meet up with you again and help you knock the rust off. I will mark the dates on my calendar and send you my contact info in a PM so we can coordinate beforehand.
Spark

Postby tigernbr » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:42 am

Thanks Spark. I look forward to it!
tigernbr

Return to PMTS Camps, Find a PMTS Instructor and Related Links