Does anyone ski their Jams any more?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Does anyone ski their Jams any more?

Postby Jjmdane » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:02 am

I skied my Jams the other day for the first time in 4 or 5 years and they felt great; I was wondering if anyone skies these any more? Admittedly the conditions were a complete anomaly for Cannon, perfect deep hard pack that doesn’t get skied off quickly, just like you Western guys get day after day. I could not find the dimensions on the ski, anyone know them. They are the 182s
Jjmdane

Re: Does anyone ski their Jams any more?

Postby blackthorn » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:20 am

I use my Jams as my daily driver. They are the last model before Movement discontinued them and replaced them with the Player. They are not the "carbon lite" model. I really like them - I ski on groomers, crud, bumps etc. Snow rarely deeper than about 8". I find them very versatile. When I ski in Europe I have tried a number of other skis and usually feel that I prefer the Jams. This year I tried Black Crows Orb in Chamonix. Really easy to ski, very fun, but with characteristics that would likely put them in a group best described as not rewarding PMTS movements. Having said that I hope my movements are becoming engrained enough for this not to matter too much. I am thinking of getting a pair of Speedzone 14 this year.
blackthorn

Postby blackthorn » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:57 am

Just to add to the above

The dimensions of my Jams are 136/85/117mm.

I prefer the "frontal" characteristics of them compared with the Orb that I referred to above. Better for carving, not too much difference in deeper snow, and Orbs a bit easier for me in bumps.
blackthorn

Postby AnI » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:45 pm

I do. Love them. Use them when there is some fresh on the ground or oftentimes when it is expected to get slushy in the afternoon. If it is firm or icy, I prefer slalom skis.
AnI

Return to Gear