How tight should my boots be

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

How tight should my boots be

Postby fs67 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi,

After 15 years not skiing, we are restarting. Last year was our first new ski trip and I hated the rental boots being to large. Right now I am in the process of buying a new pair. I have a Lange XT in both normal 100 mm width and a low volume version to try out. Question is how tight should the boot fit. Both the low volume and regular type fit. I like the tight fit around the ancle of the low volume version, but they are a pain to get into and I have some concern that they may start to put to much pressure on the instep region.

So what is to tight?

Thanks,

Frank
fs67

Re: How tight should my boots be

Postby jbotti » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:51 am

Here is a link to some basics on buying boots I wrote up awhile ago. In my last paragraph I mention two brands to avoid, Tecnica and Fischer. I don’t think a tecnica has any more forward lean than Head Raptors so they are probably fine if you need a more forward boot. I would avoid all Fischer abducted stance boots.

Here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5110&p=51722&hilit=“Boot+buying+basics”#p51722

Scroll down and you will see it.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: How tight should my boots be

Postby fs67 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:38 am

jbotti wrote:Here is a link to some basics on buying boots I wrote up awhile ago. In my last paragraph I mention two brands to avoid, Tecnica and Fischer. I don’t think a tecnica has any more forward lean than Head Raptors so they are probably fine if you need a more forward boot. I would avoid all Fischer abducted stance boots.

Here is the link:

http://pmts.org/pmtsforum/viewtopic.php ... 722&hilit=“Boot+buying+basics”#p51722

Scroll down and you will see it.

Thanks, useful info. Got the tight fitting ones and after a week of skiing they are fine.
fs67

Return to Gear