Footbeds

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Footbeds

Postby Ken » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 pm

I need new footbeds. My old PMTS footbeds are pretty ragged, and my body has changed. I now walk in my everyday orthotics very well with about 6° posting on the right heel (my guess at the angles), 3° for the right fore foot, about 5° for the left heel, which is big change from the old footbeds. The pronation was moving my knees out of alignment and over the years may have contributed to my patella femoral arthritis (no cartilage on the back of the kneecap). These orthotics were set up by a physical therapist who evaluated my feet, my ankles, my knees, my hips, and my gait.

So...for footbeds----Maybe I could get to Jay in Portland for PMTS footbeds, but Jay didn't answer the contact form on his web page. I'll be in Vail in March without a car, but I need something in November or December to ease that knee. Perhaps the physical therapist could make full length rigid orthotics that could work as footbeds. Or a local boot fitter could match the orthotics correction in rigid footbeds. I've heard Harald speak of the importance of the flexibility in the footbeds he makes.

Suggestions? What can I best do soon?

About the knees...I got bone marrow stem cell injections into the knees. The left has a deteriorated meniscus. Dr. Mark Wagner, MD, in Seattle did them. He injected blood centrifuged to platelet rich plasma, fat cells centrifuged to stem cells, hip bone marrow centrifuged to stem cells into each knee. About 20-25 cc into each knee. It's working! At 3 months I'm discomfort free for walking, stairs & hills both up & down, moderate biking, squats & lunges limited to 45°. They continue to get better, and I'm ramping up my preseason workouts.

I'm not a candidate for knee replacement; they're not bad enough yet. They only used to hurt when I was having fun. I'm allergic to the strong anti inflammatories--diclofenac (Voltaren), meloxican (Mobic), probably Celebrex. OTC--ibuprofen, naproxen--isn't strong enough. I haven't tried CBD, but may soon. The stem cell injections were about my last choice, so I did it.
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Return to Gear