Stockli Laser AX vs Blossom White Out

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Re: Stockli Laser AX vs Blossom White Out

Postby jbotti » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 pm

I had Max skiing my Blossoms for most of today. I will let him comment but he did say at one point "I think this is the best ski I have ever been on". I as well have a love affair with this ski which goes beyond any I have had in the past. I think HH is coming out to visit n March so I will get him on them as well.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby John B » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 am

Very intriguing ski, I think I am going to buy. Question is this, I am thinking of a plate like a Head/Tyrolia . Good idea? I am a oversized skier, 6'4" and 260 and a aggressive carving junky. I have a large quiver now and am always looking for a "better mousetrap" Any thoughts?
John B

Postby Darren » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:06 pm

For safety I always like to ski knee bindings no plate needed if knee bindings used :) with the way the bindings make skis perform ski bending & leverage can adjust delta angle if purchase different toe plate thicknesses from knee binding. Downside can not move boot for/back once mounted
Darren

Postby jbotti » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:57 pm

John B wrote:Very intriguing ski, I think I am going to buy. Question is this, I am thinking of a plate like a Head/Tyrolia . Good idea? I am a oversized skier, 6'4" and 260 and a aggressive carving junky. I have a large quiver now and am always looking for a "better mousetrap" Any thoughts?

I would not put a race plate on this ski. The flex pattern on the Blossom is perfect. The plate will stiffen it and change the way it flexes.
jbotti

Postby chris719 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:04 am

The Powerrail base and binding does add lift to the setup though (heel stand height is 33.5mm on PRD and PRX bindings). I don't know that you would want to mount flat with a very low stand height binding. Just something to think about.

I would probably mount it with the Powerrail setup like jbotti has since that's how he and Max liked it.
chris719

Postby John B » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:35 am

Thank you all for your input. Point taken, on not messing with the flex. I have the Blossom Whiteout 182 on the way along with the Head PRD14 to mount. Ill report back with the results on this somewhat pricey experiment. I trust your judgment and appreciate your suggestions.
John B

Postby chris719 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:26 am

John B wrote:Thank you all for your input. Point taken, on not messing with the flex. I have the Blossom Whiteout 182 on the way along with the Head PRD14 to mount. Ill report back with the results on this somewhat pricey experiment. I trust your judgment and appreciate your suggestions.

You may need to buy the Powerrail Pro base separately, I don't think it comes with the PRD14 in the box, but I could be wrong. Maybe you already have it covered, but thought I would mention it just in case.
chris719

Postby John B » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:59 pm

^^ Good point, I am told that the Pro Base is metal and the more desirable way to go. It has been addressed. Bindings are coming from DW Skis, Blossoms from Quebec. Now....we wait...
John B

Postby Darren » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:24 pm

JB what is name of the company in Quebec that you are buying the blossoms from would like to price compare to the Hart Striker. Thanks
Darren

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:55 pm

jbotti wrote:I had Max skiing my Blossoms for most of today. I will let him comment but he did say at one point "I think this is the best ski I have ever been on". I as well have a love affair with this ski which goes beyond any I have had in the past. I think HH is coming out to visit n March so I will get him on them as well.

Just think if you'd have listened to me 5 years ago when I first skied them... you could have been skiing them for 5 years. :wink: :lol: 8)
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby jbotti » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:03 pm

HeluvaSkier wrote:
jbotti wrote:I had Max skiing my Blossoms for most of today. I will let him comment but he did say at one point "I think this is the best ski I have ever been on". I as well have a love affair with this ski which goes beyond any I have had in the past. I think HH is coming out to visit n March so I will get him on them as well.

Just think if you'd have listened to me 5 years ago when I first skied them... you could have been skiing them for 5 years. :wink: :lol: 8)

True, but some lessons in life come when you are ready for them!
jbotti

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:19 pm

jbotti wrote:True, but some lessons in life come when you are ready for them!

Lol. So, I have a new boutique brand consumer SL ski I'll be testing soon (within two weeks I'd guess). If I like them, should I tell anyone, or wait 5 years? :mrgreen:
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby John B » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:43 am

Update on the attempt to buy the Blossom White Out......To answer previous question on "Who did you buy them from?", the answer is a eBay seller in Quebec who goes buy Griffintown inc. 182 size for $523.14 in U.S. funds. I have every reason to believe that these people are connected to Blossom Skis. Perhaps that's the part that gets troublesome. The eBay auction claims multiple items in stock and shipping within 3 days. I made my purchase on 2/21/17, but as of now they haven't shipped. Why?......because they don't have the skis. They make a sale and then call Italy for shipment. I have made several inquires and not gotten a straight answer. So.....I sure hope that these are worth it and I hope I get them before the snow is gone.
John B

Postby markristo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:47 pm

fear not they will eventually come. Bought white outs just after Christmas from the outfit in Quebec and this is the response I got when asked about shipping...

"Thank you for your order of BLOSSOM Skis. Your skis are in the process of being Shipped by Blossom ITALY to our warehouse here. Unfortunately when you Bought the skis, it was during the holiday period and BLOSSOM Skis and production was shut down for two weeks. But they are back up and running again and have made a fresh pair just for you. You should have your skis in about 10 working days. Again I apologize for the delay, but you will get your skis. If I can be of further assistance please let me know."

Sounds like they make the sale,have the factory in Italy make the ski, ship to Canada,and then to me. They finally arrived Feb 4th. BTW the best ski I've ever had. great on eastern hard pack and in the fluff out west.
markristo

Postby apache67 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:59 am

John B wrote:Update on the attempt to buy the Blossom White Out......To answer previous question on "Who did you buy them from?", the answer is a eBay seller in Quebec who goes buy Griffintown inc. 182 size for $523.14 in U.S. funds. I have every reason to believe that these people are connected to Blossom Skis. Perhaps that's the part that gets troublesome. The eBay auction claims multiple items in stock and shipping within 3 days. I made my purchase on 2/21/17, but as of now they haven't shipped. Why?......because they don't have the skis. They make a sale and then call Italy for shipment. I have made several inquires and not gotten a straight answer. So.....I sure hope that these are worth it and I hope I get them before the snow is gone.

FYI, took me about a month to get these skis from these guys.
apache67

PreviousNext

Return to Gear