MA Request- Nkster

MA Request- Nkster

Postby Nkster » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi PMTS forum,
im from Germany and im 18 years old. 25 ski days ago I made a decision:
At that time I was a pretty bad skier as you can see here

The day that video was made, was the 24.01.2015. I was 16 yo and I was the first day on my brand new Rossi Hero fis 165. I bought them because I made the decision to improve dramatically, and that season I had 10 more skiing days and I slowly improved. After my last ski day in April I came home and saw a Video titled something like Harald Harb slant board series, which taught me new movements I never have experienced before. Something like using your little toe edge to get into the turn, how to CA properly aswell as CR and all that great stuff. My season was over but within the next 2 days I was 6 hours performing the slant board exercises and was soo sad that my season was over and could await the new season. The season began with 3 days in November and I had my first on snow experiences with HH PMTS technique, but it wasn't that easy. I was way to much on the inside ski and had no parallel legs. After 15 more skiing days and reading stuff about skiing technique my 15/16 season was over and that video was made:

Now after 3 more days of skiing last week that's the result of that:

I would consider that as a good step in the right direction but there is still a far way to become a real skiing hero.
My focus lag week was: get back in shape, a more calm arm position and more outsideski pressure.
My setup is:
still Rossi Hero FIS SL with Fischer RC4 pro boots.
I don't really see what I have to focus on next. So please help me with some analysis. Without the videos of PMTS I wouldn't be where I am now and I want to get much further.

Best regards from Germany,
Nkster
Nkster

Re: MA Request- Nkster

Postby Max_501 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:04 am

You've made some impressive improvements in a relatively short period of time! Do you have Books 1 and 2 as suggested here?

Learning PMTS - Info for New Students of PMTS
Max_501

Postby polecat » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:33 am

Wilkommen Nkster!

Congrats on making huge progress in a very short span of time.

So,

1. Pat yourself on the back for you effort and achievement. You deserve it. And enjoy your new found performance gains.

and

2. Keep at it. There's still a long way to go.

One mistake that it's really easy to make at this point (trust me, I know, I and many other have made it) is to try to jump ahead too far, too fast.

Slow down and concentrate on building the fundamentals. They're critical as the foundation for future improvements.

Have fun!

pc
polecat

Postby Nkster » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:46 am

Danke für die nette Begrüßung :wink:
no, I haven't bought these books yet but:
my first step is:
Im going to buy those two books!

yes, I will concentrate on the basics, since I had a instructor for 2 houres at a skiing resort last year who told me to do exercises real slow, I changed my perception of how skiing works and realized that I have to focus on the basics at first, and HH with PMTS seems to be the deal there. No better way to relearn and master the basics, in my eyes.

I also made that experience ,not to try to go to far, in my "main sport". At the moment I found the holy grail of technique i wanted to do everything perfect which lead to very little Improvement. Needed to break down the changes in very little steps and that is what i'm going to do in Skiing aswell!:D

But besides of that, have you seen a technical flaw in my newest video which I should focus on fixing at first?
Nkster

Postby Max_501 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:08 pm

Nkster wrote:But besides of that, have you seen a technical flaw in my newest video which I should focus on fixing at first?

I would say mastering balance over the outside ski would be the next step. Books 1 and 2 will take you through that process. In the meantime...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-A7Zw- ... l77eKeIqFD
Max_501

Return to Movement Analysis and Video