MA for hyper-squirrel

MA for hyper-squirrel

Postby hyper_squirrel7 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:43 pm

I haven't been able to ski much this year besides a weeklong spring break trip, but here is what I have so far. Once again, I'm bow legged and my left is better than my right, it seems...

hyper_squirrel7

Re: MA for hyper-squirrel

Postby sgarrozzo » Sun May 08, 2016 10:39 am

Hi Hyper,
I think you are a little Hyper_Away. :D
sgarrozzo

Postby HuskerDu » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:23 am

Not too far away to identify the face plant. Nice digger! :)
HuskerDu

Postby willwingpang » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi HS7

My name is Will, new to PMTS and hope you like my MA.

I can see that with the first 3 turns, I didn't see any CA/CB so basically you were leaning towards the inside of the turns, that means there was weight on the inside ski and that didn't help you making a C turn.

On turn 4 and 5, there were still weight on the inside ski but I could see that you started get your zipper facing more towards the valley so you knew that you needed to get more CA and CB on your turns.

From turn 6 to 11, when I slowed down the video, during the transition between the turns I could see flexing and this helped you get earlier tipping in the high C turn, you let you inside ski relax and tip more, you were becoming aware of your CA and getting more CB on your outside ski.

And then the final 'turn' I think your legs needed a break and so they decided to just collapse after that exhilarating run.

I would like to add to be aware of your posture, where your chest sticks out forward and your bottom sticks out backward, leaving your lower back vulnerable to the terrain, try to curve like a banana or a C, that way the spine can stay relaxed be ready for any dynamic movement. Beware of your upper body doing a jack in the box pop up, it will mess with your CoM.

I hope this helps.
willwingpang

Return to Movement Analysis and Video