Video MA Request for Jeet

Re: Video MA Request for Jeet

Postby Jeet » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:30 am

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your feedback. When I looked back this is was I thought there is an extension. DAM. At least footwork has improved. I feel like I have developed this up movement, as don't think I had this in my last video. Thanks for the feedback.

Jeet
Jeet

Re: JEET MA REQUEST PART 2

Postby Jeet » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:17 am

Hi Doug,

Do you think I am skiing to tall? Not enough flexing when initiating my turns. Do you think I should flex more to initiate my turns and then flex further to release. Also, do you think for-aft balance may something to do with how much I want to flex into a turn?

Jeet
Jeet

Postby Max_501 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:06 am

There is an inside leg extension evident during the transition. There is also a lift of the old outside foot from flexing the outside leg as part the phantom. Unfortunately the timing of the lift is difficult to identity in this video but it appears to be late. At this point continue working with the phantom and focus on lifting the outside foot (flexing the outside leg) BEFORE the new turn starts, without extending the inside leg, while adding more tipping to the LTE of the lifted foot.

If you are unable to do a phantom without extending the inside leg then spend some time working on flexing drills.
Max_501

Postby Jeet » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:20 am

Once again thank you for all the comments, very helpful. Sometimes it can be frustrating but I am determined to see this through. I will work on some flexing drills + phantom moves. The extension move looks horrid (good thing I never delayed the video).

Doug, I have to dodge many snow boarders (a few skiers :) on this crowded slope. It will get empty once the school holidays are over and summer kicks in.

Appreciate your feedback.

Jeet
Jeet

Postby DougD » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:37 am

Jeet,

Do what Max said. He's far more qualified than I.
DougD

Postby Jeet » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:41 am

Since moving into my new boots (Salomon xmax 120, same as the older boots (xmax 100) but with higher flex and a 4mm integrated heel lift in the boot board, I have felt that I couldn't really flex into my turns. Flexing into the turn put me into the back seat as my butt would drop. Since my last MA, I have swapped the boot board which does not have 4mm integrated heel lift built in the boot board and it FEELS that I am closer to the ground, and able to enter a turn flexed and come out of the turn by flexing further. (the fore-aft has improved I feel I can pull my legs back)

This bought back two things..

1. More rebound from the turn, as I am actually bending the skii. Before there was no pressure build up due to tipping and so no real platform to flex, therefore I would just stand.

Has anyone has this experience before?

I will confirm with another video in the very near future.

Jeet
Jeet

Postby DougD » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:02 pm

A 4mm change in heel:toe delta would have a major impact on almost anyone's skiing.

Which delta is optimal is very much an individual matter. It depends on a host of factors, including:
- anatomy
- all aspects of the boots
- setup of bindings/plates, etc.
- performance characteristics of the skis
- and of course, one's technique and movements
These factors all interact, making any analysis bewilderingly complex.

Developing one's optimal setup takes time and requires input from a well qualified PMTS coach. Ideally, this should be based on both in-shop and on-snow evaluations. Video analysis can be helpful up to a point (though if HH is doing it, that point will usually be pretty high). Analysis based on reported feelings or what you think you're doing is, well, you know...
DougD

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video