Shared private lessons w/ Walter @ Alpine Meadows

PMTS Forum

Shared private lessons w/ Walter @ Alpine Meadows

Postby jvandyke » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:40 am

I'm looking for pmts students who would like to share private lessons with Walter Edberg at Alpine Meadows this season. Walter has dates available in February, March, and April. If you are interested, please contact me at jvandyke07@gmail.com.
jvandyke

Re: Shared private lessons w/ Walter @ Alpine Meadows

Postby ToddW » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:59 pm

For those who are unfamiliar with Walter, he's the real thing and coaches at some of Harald's camps. He's also a famous telemark instructor who runs clinics with names like Walter's Wacky World of Balance :-)

This sounds like a great opportunity.
ToddW

Re: Shared private lessons w/ Walter @ Alpine Meadows

Postby DougD » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:01 am

+1!

Walter was my group's coach for the first half of Short Turns camp in Nov. Also skied with him on Fri afternoon after camp was done. Great coaching and loads of fun, all at once.

To get our Friday pack FLEXING more, Walter had us do "Midget Turns". What's that, you ask?
First, do the regular Double Pole Touch Drill (hands and poles spread wide, both pole tips always brushing the snow, hands and wrists pushing the tips forward so the poles remain vertical).
Now comes Walter's Midget Mod... grasp your poles halfway down the shafts and ski the drill as above. If you can do this, you're flexing!!!

Walter also got our group linking one ski turns through tracked out powder and bumps. I'd never successfully linked one-ski turns anywhere. To try them in those conditions was a real challenge. That we all succeeded was a testament to Walter's coaching and also his ability to inspire confidence.
DougD

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System