The Fools on the Hill!

PMTS Forum

The Fools on the Hill!

Postby h.harb » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:16 pm

In this photo attached, you see Mikaela Shiffrin performing perfect PMTS transitions. (everyone knows she just won a slalom by 3 seconds) I have the photos before this one and after it, it's all perfect PMTS. It's not USSA it's not PSIA.

This is the Super Phantom, which I wrote about, described and demonstrated and been teaching since 1980. In book and video 1, Expert Skier 1 and in Expert Skier 2 book and video, I wrote it for all to see.. That was 15 years ago.

The Fools on teh Hill, i.e.. USSA and PSIA, had listened, read and learned, US skiing would have been 15 years ahead of where it is today in skiing. And they aren't even there yet today. USSA doesn't have any idea how to teach the Phantom Move or anything else that Mikaela is doing for that matter.

The idiots on Epic were expressing revolt against PMTS and it's movements at the time my books and video came out. Sorry, they don't understand movements; the revolt was against PMTS and me, so I really meant they revolted about PMTS ski technique. The two biggest culprits were Fastman and BB, but many others were on board. These people understand little about skiing, especially how to make great skiers.

If anyone still posts on Epic, I know some of you do, who are also on the PMTS forum. I'd like to see the reaction if this photo were put up there and they were asked if he they knew what this is.
http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com/2015/11/mikaela-all-pmts-all-super-phantom.html
h.harb

Re: The Fools on the Hill!

Postby h.harb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:11 am

Shiffrin made some changes to her slalom skiing.

http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com

Another one that "Epic Emperors" will never understand.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:05 pm

This is the "Super Phantom Move". It is all PMTS Direct Parallel. It is all about a "Narrow Stance", "a Lifted Foot and Ski, moving and standing on the "Little Toe Edge" creating an immediate release. Everything PSIA rejects about PMTS Direct Parallel and it is being used to win World Cup Slalom races by 3 seconds.

Amen!!!!
h.harb

Postby CO_Steve » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:15 pm

This is older. See the difference.

CO_Steve

Postby h.harb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Much less counter acting on her right foot turn in this sequence, and less Super Phantom. Her right boot is still not set up correctly to maximize what she could be doing, which is winning by 4 seconds. They have the cuff too strong and she is fighting the boot angles. This topic will be my next Blog post.

You can see here, much more stepping rather than transfer to the LTE and much less lifting old stance ski. This is especially so on her trouble leg, the right. She is also squaring up before the release. Not holding or increasing her counter like she is doing now.

The rest of the women's field happens also to be really weak right now. This makes Shiffrin look like a much bigger stand out. Not taking anything away from her skiing, she is skiing great, but there is no competition, no other female talents like Schild. Hansdotter is a mess, the Canadian skier is one of the better ones, Erin Mielzynski.
h.harb

Postby CO_Steve » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:56 pm

I could see the lack of counter and all the stepping. When I saw the tv from this weekend I though Harald would be proud.
CO_Steve

Postby h.harb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:21 pm

She is skiing more in line with optimal technique, it is PMTS or at least what we teach.
h.harb

Postby skijim13 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:36 am

Learning PMTS has given me the ability to see the difference between good and bad skiing, Lorie and I were watching old videos of us ski and we were shocked at how bad we skied. With PMTS skills we can now see the difference.
skijim13

Postby jbotti » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:01 pm

This illustrates the futility of arguing or debating skiing form and technique with people using a different set of movement patterns. They will never see the same things and what they do see they will interpret differently. It is so incredibly seductive (to want to enter that debate) especially for those that have recently found PMTS but it almost always ends the same.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby h.harb » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:19 pm

However, it is fun to tease them with questions, or photo question posts, to watch how ignorant they really are and how well they can make fools of themselves. It exposes all the Emperors without any clothes. It is definitely not worth long explanations and discussions, that they will never get.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Here is a post to me on Facebook today. This is from one of my ex-coaches I hired to my program in Alaska. He raced in two world cups and was the women's coach at Middle-bury college before I hired him.

Been reading your thread on what Miki Shiff is doing in that picture... Pretty amusing how so many want to think they understand what she is doing... Most have never attained half of the level it takes to perform finite ski movements... To me this is something I learned that was difficult to master(thus my weak Sl skills!) not sure what the technical term was called but using the abdominal muscles while moving in the fall line you could use the forces generated with a very slight down Un-weighting while at the same time changing to the new edge... With the stiff skis we all skied on we were not able to utilize the little toe edge as much, so I am curious in your analysis of this and her... Totally agree, the field is weakest with zero new talent coming up... It funny while I was watching her run I thought the same thing with her right foot you said... Guess you trained us pretty well since I still remember the very first thing we ever did with every athlete was align them ... We had more success those years with average skiers that were once balanced, and had the confidence and effortlessness to work on higher skills, rather than be stuck fighting their own bodies... Cheers!
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Steve I like your post, but could you reduce the size of the photo montage frame?
h.harb

Postby CO_Steve » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:25 pm

I just linked to an image on the web. Need more HTML skills.
CO_Steve

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System