Power Release

PMTS Forum

Power Release

Postby skijim13 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:57 am

Great new video on the power release that was first shown in the essentials video series

skijim13

Re: Power Release

Postby richk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:29 pm

This video is one of many in the newly released Free Online Lessons now available on the HarbSkiSystems.com website.

http://harbskisystems.com/pages/pmts-online-ski-lesson

This section was updated this year, replacing the previous GIFs. I find these videos way better: more detail on what to do, longer segments demonstrating what to do, movements broken down into smaller progressive steps. One might as well look at all of them!

Also, be aware that though these videos have only explanatory text, the downloadable videos have full narration.
richk

Postby geezer skier » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:05 pm

I agree Rich. The new videos are first class.
geezer skier

Postby skijim13 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:16 am

I agree that the new ones further our understanding of the sport, I have almost all the E videos as well as all the full length DVB, but each time I watch them I learn more.
skijim13

Postby Robert0325 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:29 am

richk wrote:Also, be aware that though these videos have only explanatory text, the downloadable videos have full narration.

I didn't know the downloadable's had full narration. thanks for highlighting.
I think they're great. I also find it helpful seeing Diana demonstrate the movements. It adds credibility seeing another skier being able to demonstrate the same movements. I also find I'm picking out thing in Diana's skiing that I hadn't noticed in Haralds. Helped me finally crack the 2 footed release from a stationary start.
Robert0325

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System