Hi to Lurkers!

PMTS Forum

Hi to Lurkers!

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:21 pm

I know you are out there. So many campers tell me they are on the forum, but don't post, which is fine. Notice there are 1045 people signed up. I think about 20 to 30 people actually post or comment. I just want you to know you are welcome.
h.harb

Re: Hi to Lurkers!

Postby MarcS » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:35 am

After ten years of lurking.Thanks for your welcome and your invaluable and selfless contribution to the joy of skiing.
MarcS

Postby h.harb » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Thank Marc.
h.harb

Postby misterknuts » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome Harald. I've been lurking for many years. I've bought, read, and watched all of your materials and try hard to integrate it into my skiing. We have been lucky enough to ski with one of your students too. What we have learned so far has been hugely helpful and brought a great deal more joy to my wife and I's skiing. It has been our dream to attend one (or more) of your camps but our life has been too hectic to plan anything out that far in advance, at least so far. We are hoping to at least get a visit in this coming season for alignment, footbeds, and perhaps some Head skis.

We are recovering PSIA instructors who gave it up and quit our instructor jobs once exposed to your methods. We met with huge resistance to change by our former peers and decided to make a clean break rather than endanger our skiing further by harmful drills and techniques. We didn't know any better at the time and just wanted to learn to ski better and have more fun! We feel very lucky to have been exposed to your teachings and this forum.

Thanks again for the welcome and all we have learned so far!

Dennis & Cheryl in Montana
misterknuts

Postby h.harb » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Thank you of posting, and glad to know PMTS is gaining followers.
HH
h.harb

Postby dcvh » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:58 pm

hi,
Long time lurker here...my skiing has vastly improved with techniques I've learned here...my #1 wish is to attend a camp someday...keep up the good work
dcvh
dcvh

Postby GThomas » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:14 am

Hi I am a recent lurker and learning all I can. I live in the UK so getting ski boots fitted and aligned by a PMTS trained person is not practical for me and I have looked at the possibility of going to Holland. Is Haralds manual on alignment available to read or buy ?
GThomas

Postby l2ski » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:43 am

Hi Harald,

Thank you for the welcome! I figured it is time that I post.
We have met in November 2014 while Diana was doing my alignment at your shop in Dumont.
I have learned about you and PMTS back in the Winter of 2014 and have read ACBES1&2 and Essentials thoroughly
by the end of the summer. In September 2014 I made a username on the forum and have been
lurking since. I also purchased every video that you have for downloading; they are fantastic.

Your books are simply the best. I have not seen a better and accurate description of how to ski.
The text has been carefully written, so it must be careful read
and studied in my opinion. My approach to reading your material is the same as my approach
to reading scientific journal articles; every sentence has meaning and there is no fluff.
I constantly re-read chapter and am still learning new things, maybe because I didn't have the
same perspective on the previous passes.

I also appreciate how much material you give out for free on this forum. This is an intelligent
forum with so much unbelievable material that dates back to the beginning. I find myself
reading posts from 2005. I also appreciate the thoughtful an accurate responses
from the key knowledgeable members of this forum; one can see that they spend a good amount
of time and care when creating the responses.

I have dedicated myself 100% to PMTS and started last season; I have spent most of last season
on green trails doing the exercises from book 1 and book 2. I would only venture on tougher
trails in the end of the day to test my skills. I have been following your advice and advice
from jbotti, Max_501 and geoffda.

I hope to post some video for MA this season (we need snow here in the East coast).
Last year I met up with skijim13 at the end of the season and took some video; the video was an eye opener! It wasn't worthy
of posting online; even though the conditions were difficult corn snow, I was
disappointed and I saw that my key issue was balance (partly due to not adapting to the
conditions and knee pain).
Since then, I have been working one one legged balance and core strength. I have been
twice on snow this season and do notice a big difference.

Finally, congratulations on your rapid recovery from knee replacement. I saw the most
recent video of you skiing and it's more than impressive how fast you recovered.
I hope to attend a camp in the near future and I see you ski in person.

Sincerely,

David (from New Jersey)
l2ski

Postby h.harb » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Thank you David, I appreciate your dedication for acquiring and recognizing the effort, dedication and thought that have gone into making PMTS the most progressive skiing system in the world. Your kind of recognition means so much to us, as I recognize how thoroughly and seriously you approach what you do.
h.harb

Postby skijim13 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:05 pm

David, you are always welcome to work on PMTS with Lorie and I. We both have put in a great deal of time training. Harald your system is the only true pathway to enable the everyday skier to move into the direction of expert skiing. The new 13 learn to ski videos are excellent. Thanks for producing them with Dianna.
skijim13

Postby Robert0325 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:02 am

skijim13 wrote:David, you are always welcome to work on PMTS with Lorie and I. We both have put in a great deal of time training. Harald your system is the only true pathway to enable the everyday skier to move into the direction of expert skiing. The new 13 learn to ski videos are excellent. Thanks for producing them with Dianna.

Yes, I'd like to endorse SKijim's comment regarding the learn to ski videos with Dianna. We see a lot of Haralds skiing in the books and Videos which of course is excellent, but I find it helps to see other skiers practicing PMTS, it kind of gives another view of PMTS technique. Hope that makes sense?
Robert0325

Postby LiquidFeet » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm lurking! Hi, all.
LiquidFeet

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:23 pm

LiquidFeet wrote:I'm lurking! Hi, all.

Just saw this. Welcome LF.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System