The public is finding out! Locate a PMTS Posse.

PMTS Forum

Re: The public is finding out!

Postby gman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:16 pm

At Burke we get the added benefit of watching the Academy train. D1 schools (UVM, Dartmouth, UNH) also train there a few times per season.
gman

Postby meput » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:34 pm

There is a group of us at Sugarloaf that have all attended at least one camp. Any one visiting who wants to do some laps at the 'loaf, just PM me. More skiers are starting to get it in this corner of the NE. Looking forward to mogul camp next week.
Walk to run. Tip to turn.
meput

Postby Lester » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:18 pm

h.harb wrote:Killington has a PMTS posse. Kuba, Lech, Todd.

You can also find me (Lech = Lester for those who don't know me), Kuba , Julia( my daughter), Tomek, Jacek, Ralph, Dan and some other PMTS skiers at Catamount Ski area, which is located on the border of New York and Massachusetts. And our Catamount PMTS "Ski team" is getting bigger every season :)
Lester

Re: The public is finding out! Locate a PMTS Posse.

Postby fourftr » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback on PMTS in New England. Can do Killington or Cannon in a day trip. I have all Harald's DVDS and books. but to have one on one watching me will be priceless
fourftr

Postby ToddW » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:28 pm

You're welcome to ski or do PMTS drills with me at Killington. I'm in Colorado Feb 28th through March 8th (PMTS lessons) Other than that, I'm usually at K every weekend. I'm not a trained instructor but I've been to some camps. Am definitely not an expert skier, but I can help you get started.
ToddW

Postby Doghouse » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Gore mountain season pass holder. Also ski killington.
Doghouse

Postby hyper_squirrel7 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:58 pm

I'm at Penn State in central PA. I ski and ride at Tussey Mt which is only a 10 minute drive from campus and accesible from campus/downtown by bus. Really tiny place but fairly cheap lift tickets and adequate terrain for practicing if anyone's around.
hyper_squirrel7

Postby richk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:42 am

Not the Northeast, but I will be skiing at Alta 3/9-3/17 and would be happy to ski with fellow PMTS skiers then.

RichK
richk

Postby dan.boisvert » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Adding to the chorus--I've been at Jay more than anywhere else this season, but tend to bounce all over New England. I went to my first camp in November, and am always happy to ski with people. :D
dan.boisvert

Postby Jjmdane » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:53 am

I ski and instruct at Cannon and am a PMTS advocate. I see Basil J at Cannon and we have skied some. Always looking for PMTS devotees to ski with to check technique, as without video or third party observation, it is hard to make progress. Unfortunately, as in golf," feel is not real" when trying to make changes. I am planning to go to some other areas in NE, along with Cannon, during March and April.
Jjmdane

Postby Eiszapfen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 am

Hi,

it is great to hear that PMTS is spreading out!
Do you know how the situation in Austria is developing? I know of Harald's camp at Hintertux and I'm wondering if there any boot fitters in Austria who are familiar with PMTS, as I'm not sure about alignment. I think I read that at the camp only minor adjustments can be made.
Maybe it would be nice to start a thread about skiing areas in Austria, so skiers who are interested in PMTS can meet up on holiday for example (if that's not already existent)?

Best regards
Eiszapfen

Postby NoCleverName » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:08 am

I'm pretty much at Bretton Woods (around the corner from Cannon) or Attitash/Wildcat. Winter home base Bartlett NH.
NoCleverName

Postby MonsterMan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:17 pm

I will be at Lech, (Ober Lech based) with a small posse skiing on 6,7 and 8 April. Happy to ski with others.
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby h.harb » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:10 am

Yesterday I skied in Sutton, Quebec, a small ski are 1.5 hours below Montreal. I have at least 5 people come up to me and ask if I was Harald Harb. They told me they followed my videos on You Tube and had my books. Amazing how far this is spreading.
h.harb

Postby Basil j » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:25 am

I'll be up at Cannon next weekend, the weekend of March 18th and my final weekend April 2nd & 3rd if anyone wants to get together and make some turns before the end of the season. my lease on the seasonal rental ends that weekend and depending on how the weather holds up it will probably be my last weekend. Would love to get together with some other PMTS advocates and do some video taping.
Basil j

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System