New PMTS Camps at Welch Village, MN

PMTS Forum

New PMTS Camps at Welch Village, MN

Postby pzotalis » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:27 am

We are pleased to announce that Welch Village will be offering three 4-day PMTS Camps at Welch Village Ski Area in Minnesota this winter. Registration will be available early next month. We will offer a Green/Blue Camp in December, a Short Turn Camp in January, and a Blue/Dark Blue Camp in February. The Short Turn Camp and perhaps the Blue/Dark Blue Camp may include brush, stubby, or even full race gate drills based on the motivations of the campers. We now have 5 Blue Accredited PMTS Coaches at Welch who will comprise most of the coaching staff for these camps. There are descriptions for each of these camps on our website: http://www.welchvillage.com/pmts-direct-parallel-system.cfm
We designed these camps with a great deal of help from Harald and Diana. PMTS is alive and well in the MN.
pzotalis

Re: New PMTS Camps at Welch Village, MN

Postby skijim13 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:08 am

Great to see progress being made in PMTS, we now need a Northeast connection. Most people in the Northeast ski schools are too aligned with the PSIA to even look at PMTS. I have been trying to get many people to look at it but it goes on deaf ears. Just watched training videos put out by the Burke Academy which is a top training school for skiers and even they would improve with some guidance from Harald's PMTS skills. The up movement is taught so much by the PSIA that even our racers have it built into their skiing.
skijim13

Postby h.harb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Update, we are in discussion with Burke Mt. for the implementation of PMTS. Has anyone had contact with Glen Scannell?? I'm trying to find him.
h.harb

Postby geoffda » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:34 am

h.harb wrote:Update, we are in discussion with Burke Mt. for the implementation of PMTS. Has anyone had contact with Glen Scannell?? I'm trying to find him.

We need a LIKE button for this forum!
geoffda

Postby dan.boisvert » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:09 pm

h.harb wrote:Update, we are in discussion with Burke Mt. for the implementation of PMTS. Has anyone had contact with Glen Scannell?? I'm trying to find him.

That sounds promising!

I've been in contact with Glen sporadically this summer. He's been aboard ship for most of it, but has been responding to text messages whenever he's in port. That's probably the best way to get in touch with him.
dan.boisvert

Postby h.harb » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:48 pm

Thank you everyone who responded, we are discussing with Glenn to come out and work at our shop. We have worked with Glenn before and trained him, so it's a top notch guy, added to the west's boot fitters, if he comes. It looks good right now, I talked with Glenn this morning. Thank you of helping out.
h.harb

Postby Whygimf » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Spoke with Scannell tonite.

He's in love being on the water; helmsman on Hindu, an 80' schooner. He's gone for now and I'm happy for him.

He wanted me to remind Harald that he's Turton's B**ch first...
Unfortunately he won't be with us in NH either.
Whygimf

Postby h.harb » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:30 am

Yes, I think he's out of skiing for now, he's not coming out west. Talked with him yesterday.
h.harb

Postby dtrick924 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:18 am

Has anyone attended a Welch PMTS camp? I'd love to hear a review, especially compared to the Colorado camps.
dtrick924

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System