MA request for deicreo

Re: MA request for deicreo

Postby deicreo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:48 am

After practicing some OFR/TFR I came to these turns.
Any commets will be highly appreciated.

deicreo

Postby MonsterMan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:51 pm

I see a slight leg extension in many transitions.

Try quantifying your flexing on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being 90 degrees. For those turns, lets say you get a 2 at the end of a turn, show us at least a 3 when you release. You will find that this allows you to achieve more tipping and better balance over the new stance ski.

Hint: you will probably need to "feel" like you are going for a 5 to get a 3.
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby deicreo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Monster,

I was thinking about lack of articulated flexion to release in my turns as the SMOM ( O = omitted ).
In scale of 1 to 5 I am giving myself 1. Reasoning is that: if I pushed from the old outside leg the wedge entry would be in place.
deicreo

Postby MonsterMan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm not game to call out a "SMOM" publicly, that bloody 501 bloke always comes up with a better one! :lol:
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby h.harb » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:17 pm

Some strong PMTS basics, I like it, lots of good skiing in your future.
h.harb

Postby deicreo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:23 am

Thank you very much Harald for your comment. Great to know that I am on right path.
I will keep posting my videos here as this is one of the way to be healed from our own illusions.
deicreo

Postby h.harb » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:01 am

deicreo:
I will keep posting my videos here as this is one of the way to be healed from our own illusions.

More skiers need to be thinking like this! It would clean up superfluous posts on this forum, and everything would become simpler and more precise.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:06 am

Try to use less push off at the end of your arc, use more ski tipping. This is largely dependent on the angle of your skis that you develop during the radius, if it's not developed enough the releasing momentum (by flexing) is not available. If you have less releasing momentum you require a push of to transition. It's always that dam chicken and the egg story, even in skiing.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:18 am

It is extraordinary to think that in PMTS we teach movement efficiency, so that a skier can use the skis and the mountain to release and transition without fighting the slope. We do everything to minimize effort and body movements required to ski. In TTS they do exactly the opposite, they teach extension because they created skidding in the arc. (Steering and rotary movements lead to skidding) . Once you begin a skid ( don't use tipping) you have to set your edges at the end of the arc, this locks you into a push-off to get out of the turn. Yet most TTS instructors, coaches and examiners will try to tell you, PMTS is just a few word changes and the same as what has always been used in ski teaching. Come on man! Ignorance really is a way to avoid reality because it suits your needs.
h.harb

Postby deicreo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:34 am

H.Harb wrote:

More skiers need to be thinking like this! It would clean up superfluous posts on this forum, and everything would become simpler and more precise.

My approach to PMTS is clear and simple. I believe that learning PMTS is like learning some of the theorems of mathematics or physics. There are people that made that
work for us discovering things that were unknown for mankind and thus unavailable.
Whats more, I appreciate that PMTS has been presented to broad audience and this knowledge is available to everyone for free !!! A lot of respect to you Harald for doing this.
Superfluous posts or threads are due to unclear intentions of the authors. Do they really want to learn? or they still doubtful.
Is this approach original ? No, I have got it here, on this forum by reading posts of those who have learned.

Try to use less push off at the end of your arc, use more ski tipping. This is largely dependent on the angle of your skis that you develop during the radius, if it's not developed enough the releasing momentum (by flexing) is not available. If you have less releasing momentum you require a push of to transition. It's always that dam chicken and the egg story, even in skiing.

Hope to hit the mountains once more this season. I will address that push. Really regret that I did not start at the beginning with the ACBAES 1 and then 2. These OFR/TFR are like fresh air breath.
In the evening, I watched the "Performance..." video with greater attention to TFR turns, trying to visualize in my mind my own performance. This is how I prepare myself to do exercises.
deicreo

Postby h.harb » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:44 am

Well said!
h.harb

Postby deicreo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Of my 20 days on snow this season I spent vast amount of time focusing on OFR/TFR. The most harsh MA are very welcomed and appreciated.

deicreo

Postby speedcontrol » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Which mountain is this ?
speedcontrol

Postby Max_501 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 am

Work on including your hips with upper body CA/CB movements. Spend some time exaggerating the flex to release movement.
Max_501

Postby deicreo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:50 am

Which mountain is this ?

This is on Pitztaler Glacier.

Work on including your hips with upper body CA/CB movements. Spend some time exaggerating the flex to release movement.

Thanks for that suggestion. After reviewing that video I become aware of insufficient CB. But just few days ago when I was trying to recall the feeling of my ribs being
squeezed against pelvis I realized that my CB/CA is achieved higher in the upper body. Looks like I am tilting my back to either side rather than rising that inside hip.
Do not know why it is happening. Inside leg is light and tipped almost at every turn and that should be helping CB/CA movement at the pelvis.
Can you suggest some drill addressing that problem ?

I was thinking ( 20 days per year on skis only, means that thinking happens more often than practicing) about FTR as the movement to be concentrated about.
Just few days ago on the post of Skifast I got instructed that FTR can be applied in various ranges of motion. Can I ask you to watch the following video
paying attention to the FTR movement. Is it done properly? Is that FTR enough for the type of the turn? Thanks in advance. Sorry for this green line. Got uploading it three times and could't get rid of it.
deicreo

PreviousNext

Return to Movement Analysis and Video