New to PMTS - My starting point

New to PMTS - My starting point

Postby keduco » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:15 pm

I've been lurking on the forum this past season and following some of the threads. I am interested in learning the PMTS system. I ordered a copy of the ACBAES 1 and have been reading thru it. Unfortunately it is too late in the season for me to actually start doing any of the exercises. I do however plan on building a slant board and practicing the movements this off-season. I started skiing 5 seasons ago and have not made any real progress in the last 2 seasons, manly because of lack of effort on my part to learn! I really want to get serious and learn as much as I can. I like the fluidity and efficiency that I see in the skiers using PMTS. I have attached a few videos, not so much for a full out MA...but I would like a better understanding of what my current skiing movements are. I kinda of just do what I do without much thought into the movements. I would like to have an understanding of what my bad habits are before starting the system. The runs are on gentle green and blue terrain. Thanks for any insight that you can give me, and I hope to post updates next season with questions and video for review when I'm actually learning the skills presented in the book.
Last edited by keduco on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keduco

Re: New to PMTS - My starting point

Postby HighAngles » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 pm

The first step in fixing a problem is admitting you have a problem. So congrats on finding PMTS and recognizing that it can do things for your skiing that nothing else can.

You are taking the right first steps; ACBAES 1 and a slant board will get you well on your way to developing new movement patterns that you can begin to put to work next season.

As far as an MA on your current skiing, suffice to say that you're skiing is pretty much identical to 95% of the skiing public who are just skidding and pushing their skis around to get down the mountain. Stick with the program and you'll see large gains relatively quickly at your level. It's great that you have video to set your current baseline.
HighAngles

Postby jbotti » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:34 am

I would also read this post (below). The better the quality of your video, the better MA you will receive. I found it difficlut to see well enough to comment on the skiing. If you follow the steps in the post below the next time you have video shot, you will get some high quality MA from this forum.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4034
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby Ken » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:53 am

ked, you'll do great. There is a long list of typical bad habits you do not have. Take the exercises in the book and repeat each one enough times to actually learn it.
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Return to Movement Analysis and Video