MA for HighAngles

Re: MA for HighAngles

Postby HighAngles » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:52 am

MonsterMan wrote:
ps got recent video??

Thanks

Geoff

Yes, I do. Honestly, I have too much! Max_501 was quite "generous" in getting lots of video during my time skiing with him last week. I will post some of that video as soon as I get the chance.
HighAngles

Postby geoffda » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:20 pm

HighAngles wrote:Yes, I do. Honestly, I have too much! Max_501 was quite "generous" in getting lots of video during my time skiing with him last week. I will post some of that video as soon as I get the chance.

Jealous. Next time drag him back to Colorado with you so we can all benefit. :D
geoffda

Postby HighAngles » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:37 am

Here's one of the videos shot at YC by Max_501:

HighAngles

Postby HeluvaSkier » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:38 pm

HA,
You're skiing REALLY well! Congratulations.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby geoffda » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:06 pm

x2. Big improvements since we last skied together. WOW!
geoffda

Postby Max_501 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:29 pm

geoffda wrote:x2. Big improvements since we last skied together. WOW!

I'll take that as a compliment! :lol:
Max_501

Postby HighAngles » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Yep, I should have pointed out that the video I posted was one of the last shot from my day of instruction with Max_501. I'll post a video from early in the day to give everyone a comparison that shows just how much I was able to "absorb" in one day of instruction with Max and change my skiing.

And thanks for the compliments, but as Max_501 knows, my journey is far from over. I'm sticking with this program until I reach the caliber of Geoffda, Max_501, and Heluva.

I have a "prescription" for success courtesy of Max_501 that I will surely be following next season (and for what little is left of this season).
HighAngles

Postby milesb » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:51 pm

I liked the way you took your time in the top of the turn.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby oggy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 am

Very nice skiing HA. You seem to be using the energy from the turns very well, better than what I can muster for sure. Since you skied with Max, I assume you have more than enough feedback on your skiing. Did it include anything on your turns to the right and CB? :)
oggy

Postby geoffda » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 am

HighAngles wrote:And thanks for the compliments, but as Max_501 knows, my journey is far from over. I'm sticking with this program until I reach the caliber of Geoffda, Max_501, and Heluva.

Thanks for the compliment in including me in that list, but I don't yet belong with that company. You've passed me by with those turns. What you are doing to crank in the radius in on those turns is really impressive. I've been working all season to make turns like those and I still don't have it. You do. I'm still trying to put the pieces together and I have yet to produce skiing that looks completely good. Yours, on the other hand, has crossed that theshold. That is GOOD skiing. It looks to me like you figured out something with fore-aft at the top of the turn and are really bending the ski now. We need to get together so you can show me what you learned from Max_501.

oggy wrote:Since you skied with Max, I assume you have more than enough feedback on your skiing. Did it include anything on your turns to the right and CB? :)

Trust me, he knows. While I'm positive Max_501 would have given him that feedback, HA would have seen that immediately on his own, just looking at the video.

Max501 wrote:I'll take that as a compliment!

Oh it is, for sure! Well done! I wasn't kidding when I said HA should have brought you back to Colorado with him!
geoffda

Postby oggy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:31 am

geoffda wrote:
oggy wrote:Since you skied with Max, I assume you have more than enough feedback on your skiing. Did it include anything on your turns to the right and CB? :)

Trust me, he knows. While I'm positive Max_501 would have given him that feedback, HA would have seen that immediately on his own, just looking at the video.

I'm sure he does, I'm actually interested to hear in what he thinks needs the most work. To me that was about the only defficiency I could see in the video.
oggy

Postby Bingster » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:33 am

HighAngles wrote:Here's one of the videos shot at YC by Max_501:

I just try to learn something from this video. I just want to know, is the stance in his last couple of right turns a little too wide?

Thanks.
Bingster

Postby Max_501 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:48 am

Bingster wrote:
HighAngles wrote:Here's one of the videos shot at YC by Max_501:

I just try to learn something from this video. I just want to know, is the stance in his last couple of right turns a little too wide?

Thanks.

Yes, there is a bit too much horizontal width in a few turns. Its a combination of lack of CB, inside foot management and a vestige of the power release drill. Earlier in the day HA's vertical separation was a potential problem because he was getting big angles but the inside boot wasn't moving out of the way. This blocks angle development and increases the risk of boot out, so we did some work on power releases. Its not uncommon for the PR drill to temporarily result in too much horizontal width for the next few runs.
Max_501

Postby Bingster » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:18 am

I have one more question for HA's video. In some moments in his video, HA's body is very straight. I cannot see any sign of CB at all. Is this a problem in his skiing?

I captured a picture from his video,
Bingster

Postby arothafel » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:53 am

I dunno... it could be the camera angle. I see CB in every turn. Even in your screen capture, he's not exactly straight up. Perhaps if we were to see this from a front side POV we'd see some CB.

HA... Super progress this season. Your work and effort is really paying off. Thanks for posting.
arothafel

PreviousNext

Return to Movement Analysis and Video