August Carver MA Request for Gepardi

August Carver MA Request for Gepardi

Postby Gepardi » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 am

All good things come to an end, unfortunately! It is likely that I'll have only a handful of opportunities to use this country road for carving during the next couple of months. So, it’s back to my local car park with a more gentle incline for my regular carving practice. I will be grateful for MA on these runs and suggestions on what to further focus on to aid progress.

Gepardi

Re: August Carver MA Request for Gepardi

Postby polecat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Compared to your video from last month, you're now getting full balance transfer (obviously, since you're lifting your inside foot), which is a good thing. Good job there.

But you're not actually releasing the old turn before starting your transfer. You're doing the asphalt equivalent of stem turns on snow. You're stepping into the new turn.

Flex to release the old turn. Don't step onto the new stance foot or extend down with it. It should stay passive, only touching the ground as you flex down, bringing it into contact. After both feet are on the ground, going straight and parallel, then you can lift the new free foot.

You're also rotating into the turns rather than counteracting.

pc
polecat

Postby Gepardi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:20 pm

Just back from a couple of busy days away - so didn't have time to check back here till now. Thanks for the feedback which makes sense to me. When I look at my own video I know there are things that are just not right but haven't got the experience and practical knowledge yet to be clear what it is and then know what to do to correct it. So thanks for the helpful MA! :D
Gepardi

Postby geoffda » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Good advice from Polecat. Your tipping is good, now you just need to take those tipping skills and develop a release with them.

Since you are comfortable lifting the free foot, work on the Super Phantom transition. That is, transfer your balance to the new stance foot and lift and tip the new free foot while the new stance foot is still on little toe edge. The tipping of the new free foot is what should cause the new stance foot to move from little toe edge to big toe edge. Don't step to big toe edge.
geoffda

Postby Gepardi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:36 am

Thanks for the helpful feedback and encouragement. I am now working on my release with flexing and through flexing transfering balance on to the little toe edge, although for me, this is easier said than done! :wink:
Gepardi

Return to Movement Analysis and Video