MA for Jepoupatout

MA for Jepoupatout

Postby jepoupatout » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:33 am

I included 8 new videos Christian 1 to 8 , here is the link.
When i turn to the right my left arm move up, not sure why. I have the impression that my leg are glue together, not sure if it is ok. ¸We had rain 2 days ago and the snow was very hard, i tried to smooth on snow. However i had the impression to be to static, to rigid in my position. Not sure how to develop my ski from there and not sure if it look PMTS at all.

I included new video
Christian 1 to 8 , here is the link.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jepoupatout#g/u
jepoupatout

Re: MA for Jepoupatout

Postby oggy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:13 am

I've only seen vids 1&2 but to me it seems like a step back from your previous videos, these videos seem to show a noticeable up move in the transition. Look at transition at say 0:28 in the video Christian 1, you can see your old free foot (in this case, your left) extend while the skis release.
oggy

Postby Max_501 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:51 am

The outside leg should be longest right around the apex and then shortest during the release.

Spend some time working on flexing drills. Then add in tipping drills.

Work on exaggerating so you get a big range of movement. Learn what it feels like to flex alot. Work on the timing of flex/extend.

Have you worked on the power release drill? Notice how and when the legs change length in this video:

Max_501

Postby jepoupatout » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:23 am

Hi Max, ididn't work on the Power release drill this year, that's a good point my leg are too stiff not enough movement.
jepoupatout

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:30 am

Your transitions have a long period with flat skis (beaten release and engaging) and the beginning of your transition needs less turning and needs much more tipping. Do the stationary edge change exercise on snow and on the inclined board. Also, The power release exercise to get the inside leg "more" flexed and earlier, would be good. You have a slight (well hidden) push off, which you use as a direction change of the skis, which eliminates tipping in transition; and delays tipping, until late in the arc. Tipping needs to happen in transition without a direction change of teh skis.
h.harb

Postby ibMED » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:32 pm

With the caveat that I’m not skilled in MA, two observations for your consideration.

First, your feet and especially knees stay together much more than observed more advanced PMTS skiing. In Expert Skier 2, Harald begins by teaching keeping the skis together but then advances skiing by more active use of the free foot. Harald has offered his advice to tip more actively and given drills. Without being redundant, focus on your free foot being much more active and doing something different than your stance leg. The concept of creating the “O” position between your knees (sometimes called riding the pig) or vertical separation concept in Essentials would be useful drills.
I wonder if you are knock kneed and may benefit from shims on the inside of your ski boots? If so, that may explain some of your tipping issues. I’d be interested in what others think of this possibility. Harald advised me to try shims in the very first video MA he did as I am slightly knock kneed. The shims helped.

Second, in turns to your left your counteracting appears more developed and your upper body faces the weighted ski and looks downhill. In turns to your right, it appears that your body is square to your skis and less counteracted. I like your left turns better than ones to the right.
If you don't know where you're going, any ski turn will get you there!
ibMED

Return to Movement Analysis and Video