MA for new video taken today

Re: MA for new video taken today

Postby jepoupatout » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:01 am

Do you mean: :idea:

Are you flexing to release? On an easy slope, try skiing across the hill on the inside edge LTE of your downhill ski. Relax that leg and ski on the outside edge (LTE) of the uphill ski without extending that leg. Retract the downhill let more as you tip it and tip it more and retract it more and come around in a turn. Repeat, repeat. Concentrate on what your outside leg is doing...extending or retracting (flexing).

On the steep icy stuff, do you engage your new inside edges before your skis are aimed down the fall line? This is the upper third of the turn, the High C. You need to tip and get your body over your skis to get the new inside edges engaged while you are in that upper third of the turn. And the front half of the inside edge of the new outside ski. You must strongly pull both feet back behind you as you begin your turn Like the Pull back and tip exercise from the essential DVD?) and strongly pull the inside foot back all the time through the turn.

In all case i think your message is to develop the skill to stay on the LTE of the new outside ski as long as possible to develop the High C of the turn . Rightt?
I've observed recently that I have not developped completely that skill.
jepoupatout

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Well done, I am highly impressed with the changes from the first video to the others. The upper body, arm and pole movements have been tuned down tremendously, and now they help your counteracting and counter balance. Did you do this on your own?.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 pm

I love the french commentary in the background makes me feel like I am back home.

Next week, I ski with another Quebecer, he's a Level 3 Canadian, I've been helping him sincere he was a Level 2. He's a doctor, not a full time instructor, but also a very good skier.

The next step in your skiing is more retraction, to get earlier high C tipping. Hold your CA at the release and flex up your legs to transition.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:22 pm

The reason for the "Hold the counter" is you notice a slight "edge slip" at the ski tail, at the end of some arcs? Make sure you are solid with the counteracted hip and the edge is holding before you switch to the LTE.
h.harb

Postby jepoupatout » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks Harald for your good comment, I've revisited the book 1 and 2 last fall and put it into application. I don't know anybody that practice PMTS in my area, so i have to learn from the forum, the book and the DVD. That's a good sign, the material you developped is very usefull when we are our own instructor.
:D
jepoupatout

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Compliments, you are doing a great job.
h.harb

Postby Holmz » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:10 am

jepoupatout wrote:Holmz, i think i should concentrate more on flexing and tipping to eliminate the up-movement. What do you suggest?

I am sitting in the middle of a desert wondering why I am not skiing.
I know I ski like a champ - but when I look at videos of me some thing bad has happened inside the camera.
And it has happened with a couple of cameras.

You are probably right with the flexing and the tipping.
But overall it was pretty decent (IMHO).
Holmz

Postby HighAngles » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 am

I would like to see some GS type turns with more flexing to release and high-C focus. Maybe you can try to get that on video the next time?
HighAngles

Postby jepoupatout » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:25 am

I should have the opportunity to have those turn on video next weekend. The forecast is rain for friday so i will cross my finger.
jepoupatout

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video