MA for Chuck

MA for Chuck

Postby ChuckT » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:17 pm

I finally got some video. The Canon S90 doesn't have enough zoom but hopefully you can still see my problems and give me some pointers for next season.

I didn't feel it but the skiing was stiff and static. It looks like I need to tip and counter more (and do better pole management), a lot more. Is my stance too wide? What should I focus on first?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDk5Jf8UNF4
Thanks in advance for your help
ChuckT

Re: MA for Chuck

Postby Max_501 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Compare the angle of your shoulders to the angle of your pelvis as you counter balance. Easiest to see on the turn to the right as you come by the camera at the start of the clip. More info here:

http://www.harbskisystems.com/harald/061028.htm

When lifting try to keep the tip down and only lift the tail a few inches.

As you engage the new turn try not to extend too early.
Max_501

Postby ChuckT » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks, Max. Now I know what to focus on next time.
ChuckT

Postby arothafel » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Chuck... you might get more feedback if you post the video right on the forum. I'm putting it up. Ya just gotta love Mammoth ... Skiing on May 30th! I may still get one or two more days in. Miles? Paul? Chuck? How about a SoCal Harbie Ski Day in June?

arothafel

Postby ChuckT » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Art,
Thanks for putting the video up on the forum for me. There is still A LOT of snow in Mammoth. I would love to have another day or two on the snow to practice Max's tips. Alas, I will have to wait till the Fall.
Chuck
ChuckT

Postby h.harb » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Chuck, lots of good basics, but looks to me like you could work on your pull back move in transition. Try to be more patient with the transition. That means finish the arc more and give the edge change under the body more time to develop, without steering your skis to the falline. This will create a better "High"C", and afford you more time get your feet back in transition.
h.harb

Postby ChuckT » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:22 am

Thank you, Harald. I got your awesome "Performance Free Skiing" yesterday and watched it twice already. The message not to rush the turn is loud and clear. That and pulling the feet back will be my focus.
ChuckT

Return to Movement Analysis and Video