I am what I am

PMTS Forum

I am what I am

Postby ydnar » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:12 pm

I am mechanic. When I first started posting here there seemed to be a little animosity about "that other website" and I didn't want to get involved in all that so I adopted the name mechanic. I'm now convinced that if I'm civil about things most of the posters here will be. I appoligize to everyone here for feeling that this was necessary but I've been posting on the net about skiing since before Harald was on the D-team and have seen too many websites decend into flame wars.

In the future all my posts will be under the name ydnar which is a nickname my son gave me more years ago than I want to admit.

yd
ydnar

Postby Harald » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:19 pm

Thank you
Harald

Ydnar

Postby Rusty Guy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:30 pm

I hope this doesn't help or hurt the guy's cause, however, I will say Ydnar has IMHO one of the more brilliant minds in the ski business.
Rusty Guy

ydnar - welcome

Postby John Mason » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:21 pm

I believe you offered me passes for deer valley on the other board. Same ydnar?

Don't need the passes, but it'll be fun to hook up in March if you're around.
John Mason

Postby piggyslayer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:21 am

My hats off to ydnar. I hope other folks will follow. Mechanic was never aggressive poster, I liked Mechanic' posts I will like ydnar even more.

Robert
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Postby ydnar » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:44 am

Harald.

You're welcome. Its has been a pleasure to be able to interact with you a little here I look forward to more in the future. We probably agree far more than we disagree about what goes into quality ski instruction and are very unlikely to change each others viewpoints in the areas we do disagree, but the exchange can only be benefical as long as it stays civil.

John,

Yes, its the same ydnar. Let me know the dates you will be in Utah. March is an incredablely busy time for me and I will need to make sure now that I will have a day off when you are here.

I will make the same offer to other on this forum that I made to John. A free day pass to DV (as long as they last) if you will ski a few runs with me and let me watch you make some turns and answer a few questions on the chair lift.

Robert,

Thanks, open honest exchanges can only benefit those involved. Hell, we might even learn something.

yd
ydnar

DV

Postby Joe » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:17 am

ydnar

I will be skiing the Wasatch Feb 8-11. I'd like to make some runs with you. Let me know how to make contact.

Joe
Joe

I am what I am

Postby piggyslayer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:18 pm

Ydnar,

Piggyslayer and I (chicken here) and our friend - a PTMSians beginner - will be skiing Alta between Xmas and New Year. If you want to, we will love to catchup with you. We are also counting on skiing with Jeff, and there will be some PTMS-ians novices as well.
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

I am what I am

Postby piggyslayer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:19 pm

Ydnar,

Piggyslayer and I (chicken here) and our friend - a PTMSians beginner - will be skiing Alta between Xmas and New Year. If you want to, we will love to catchup with you. We are also counting on skiing with Jeff, and there will be some PTMS-ians novices as well.
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Postby Harald » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:04 pm

piggyslayer
Excellent graphic!!!
Harald

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:51 pm

From personal experience I can vouch that Ydnar is an instructor extradinaire! :)
Lisa

Postby piggyslayer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:23 pm

piggyslayer
Excellent graphic!!!

It?s a freebie I found on the web and linked to it.
Don?t you think the resemblance is striking? Only I wear better hat :P !

Robert
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System