Broken body - best method of repair

Broken body - best method of repair

Postby fredm8 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:18 am

As a result of a crash on Turoa a couple of weeks ago (powder day too - :-( ) my right calf muscle is now very sore having been torn in three places.
Any suggestions as to the best / quickest / properest repair ?
Any war stories ?

The physio suggested cycling exercises, lots of rest, ice, compression & elevation, massage.
Teaching the muscles to work again as they repair, focused on specific ways to walk and stand, posture to ensure that the process of knitting the muscle doesn't shorten it.
Douglas

From the land of the long white cloud, a land down under.
fredm8

Re: Broken body - best method of repair

Postby 4Slide » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:31 am

The only thing I might add, potentially, would be elastic band strengthening and stretching exercises for the calf as well.

Good luck!
-J
4Slide

Re: Broken body - best method of repair

Postby rstraker » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Eat well and take good supplements, to make sure your body has the best materials for maximum healing. What comes to mind is:

• a mix of meat/fish/chicken (grassfed red meat, if you can afford it and get it)
  • lots of fibrous vegetables of various colors
  • some fruit
  • a good multivitamin (natural forms, absorbable)
  • a phytosterols,
  • food form magnesium, and
  • esstential fatty acids (fish or krill oil and/or Udo's Oil Blend).
And you might want to consider investing in a Z-Health DVD -- Dr. Cobb has developed a great joint mobilization program that will keep your joints mobile and movements balanced while you're recuperating. I'd recommend the R-Phase DVD or the Neural Warmup 1 DVD. You can learn more by searching on "Z Health" on YouTube or on the Z-Health website (http://www.zhealth.net).
rstraker

Return to Fitness