Notes on Spring turns

PMTS Forum

Notes on Spring turns

Postby -- SCSA » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:10 am

Howdy folks!
Just a few notes for your spring time turnz.

#####################
Heads up!

My buddy hurt his knee yesterday in the goo. He's a great skier. I mean great. So just be careful. Myself, I have to remind myself to take it easy. Not only to avoid injury, but because in the Spring, I've got more beer in me than gatoraide! :wink:

###########################
Bring out the fatter skis.

I'd been making turns pretty much all year on my ic160's -- they're 64 under foot. But yesterday, I brought out my im75's -- 75 under foot. Glad I did. The wider platform really makes a difference in the goo. So, I'll be on my im75's the rest of the Spring.

#################
Focus on your skills.
Maybe HH will comment on making turns in the goo?

################

Have fun!
Spring time is the reward for those cold, cloudy winter days.

#################
Go to the Basin!
We'll see y'all @ the Basin, on May 1st!

################

Ski it till it's gone...

There's great turns left @ the Big Show, if anyone cares. I'll be closing it down this weekend, that's fer sure!

######################
-- SCSA

Postby jbotti » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:13 am

SCSA, I agree on the fatter skis. I was at Mammoth this past weekend and it was getting real slushy at the end of the day. I used the IM 75's just about the whole time and they were quite effective (almost like bulldozers through the choppped up slush). I did put on my IC 160's for two runs and they were not nearly as effective. I am not sure what to do when after putting my skis on edge instead of initiating a turn they just end up sinking further into the muck. Luckily this only happens rarely.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System