PMTS Forum

Postby Bluey » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:46 pm

Hi all,

My 2 cents on what I call..... "Guest" type postings......

Everyone is welcome....... of course.
Everyone's contribution is welcome.....of course
Any reasonable/sincere question will be answered....its only a matter of politeness to do so.....

For the record , and so everyones know where I stand on any of my future postings......
I will not answer nor respond/reply in any way, shape or form to any "Guest" type questions/queries or statements of disagreement .......if I feel the motivation behind them will be damaging to the thread's subject.

What I dislike is the heading of a thread, in many cases, now seems to bear little resemblance to what get's discussed..........we seem to drfit from the technical to the personal and not get back to the technical until its too late and the thread becomes corrupted.

I dislike any attack on personalities, which I clearly stated when I first joined this forum, as its not in the best long term interest of any Forum.

As an observation, ....there have been no new people prepared to join/register in this Forum since Guest registered.......whereas the average joining before then was a fairly steady positive stream ....... and I think to some extent its because the quality of our discussions has been diluted by side-tracking and constant defensive/clarifying responses to attacks/insinuations on members of this Forum.

Let's make this forum a bit of fun...... and sure, its OK to keep the jibes etc to light- hearted banter but we need to keep focusing our replies etc on the technical bits about the skiing.............

It's over to you....but my simple advice is that, if you feel you need to respond about some"attack" .....use your head and please DON'T !!
Save your energy and eveyone else'e time.....I'm sure we'll all understand.

nuff said.....

Bluey

PS .......the weather's turning noticeably cooler/colder ......my skis are now out of storage and gear check is complete ...only 10 more weeks till I hit the slopes again.......
Bluey

Postby piggyslayer » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:51 pm

I concur.
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Ok - I'll resist replying

Postby John Mason » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:16 pm

This is like that old star trek tv show - the original - where the "evil" floated around the ship getting stronger on people's negative emotion. It only went away when McCoy gave everyone a happy shot.

Here's to the happy shot!
John Mason

Re: Ok - I'll resist replying

Postby NoCleverName » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:29 pm

As an observation, ....there have been no new people prepared to join/register in this Forum since Guest registered

... more likely it's just a seasonal dropoff; things are getting quiet over at Epicski, too.
NoCleverName

Negatives of registration

Postby JimR » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:37 pm

I concur with your message about the negative impacts of some of the anonymous guest postings, and about wanting this forum to be focused on those who want to learn and improve through the use of PMTS.

However, I am very sensitive about web sites getting hacked that contain email addresses and/or passing around my email address and that is a required field in order to register. In fact, I naively assumed that noone but realskiers paying members could access and register on this site. Anyway, I always try to make sure that my name is entered when I log on as guest, but I don't plan to register.
JimR

Postby Harald » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:09 pm

I returned from the International Congress of Skiing and Science and was right in the middle of our PMTS Accreditation. There is a very promising group of very young and excellent skiing instructors at this accreditation. Two of them have expressed interest in hosting their own camps and footbed/alignment centers in other regions of the country. I am very encouraged by this development.

We also have an excellent physiotherapist friend in Salt Lake, John Feig, who has been with us for years. He also wants to begin a Harb Skier Alignment center. I am hoping that in the next few years we will be represented in all the major skiing regions of the US.

We had a very successful week at the Congress. The Harb Carvers were very well received by the Austrian, Italian, and Swiss federations. I will be introducing the Carvers to them later in May while at our Hintertux summer camp. More on the Congress later.

I agree with Bluey, anyone is welcome here, but as we have seen, some who disagree would rather disrupt a thread, rather than asking legitimate questions and furthering it. Those people will be ignored.
Harald

Still - real solution is to fix the forum

Postby John Mason » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:19 am

casual browsers visiting here that don't participate yet can be really turned off by confrontational posts

The best solution is to bring the forum "in house" with a moderator(s) that can tweak the forum software enforce loging in and block people whoose sole purpose is to be disruptive.

(also add some categories)

The log in function doesn't work right currently either.

I'll PM you on some ideas. (which I can't because you aren't logged in either and don't have a logon, but I'll use the other PM)

I bet, if I ever get the IP log from the current administrator of this forum and compare with a buddy of mine at Epic, I will find out who this disruptive guest is or at least ask the admin at Epic to have a little heart to heart with this individual.

Congrats on the international congress meetings! Any racing news?
John Mason

Postby Harald » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:59 am

Peter and I have been discussing this topic. We are going to bring the foum in house, but it will be displayed to anyone who wants information or advice.
Harald

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System