Hendrix Special

Friends get together

Hendrix Special

Postby Harald » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:55 am

I'm recording the Hendrix Special on VH1, couldn't watch Agassi get killed any longer.

Wow, watching Hendrix is incredable, he plays a 12 string with his fingers no pick, amazing.
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Postby j.clayton » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:51 am

Good to see another Hendrix fan , I left my rock 'n Roll , Hippie days long behind but it's still great to see a guy who lives and breathes his instrument as well as having such a lot of talent . Uhhhhh .. reminds me of someone !!
You can take the skier out of the snow but you can't take the snow out of the skier . Hooked for life !!
j.clayton

Postby Grateful » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:25 pm

now that is not cool
Grateful

Postby Harald » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:08 pm

Jay, I?ve been a Hendricks fan since the sixties. I was on my way to Europe with the Canadian ski team when we heard on the news he was dead. Great tragedy for us. Just think of what he could have done in the next twenty years.
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Postby j.clayton » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:30 pm

Interesting that , the number of great artists who died young having a short but meteoric career . Mozart ,Proust ( a late starter ) to name just two . One wonders if with a longer life their outputs would have been different , less frenetic . Maybe fate builds in an early demise , the way they produce almost seems like they are subconsciously aware of it .
You can take the skier out of the snow but you can't take the snow out of the skier . Hooked for life !!
j.clayton

Postby milesb » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:23 am

All rock guitar goodness originated with Chuck Berry and Hendrix.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Hendrix Special

Postby ChrisSSBB » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:04 pm

Was this the one about making the Are You Experienced album? Great special and reinforced that he was much more than just a rock/blues guitar virtuoso. It was a pity

Hendrix was the reason/influence I picked up the guitar in 1971 and still play today. However, after marriage and kids, I can't say I play much Hendrix around the house although that has changed recently when my 12 year old started downloading Hendrix on his laptop. Turns out he is into classic rock more than I am.
ChrisSSBB

Return to Social Chatting